We are just back from a short stay at the Apex Waterloo Place Hotel and can't recommend it highly enough. We visited for our wedding anniversary and can honestly say it is one of the most comfiest hotels we've ever stayed in.
We stayed in a Deluxe Double Room which was on the corner of the hotel so had windows down two sides of the room. As we were on the 9th floor we could see over most of the roof tops and had a view of Edinburgh Castle. From the other side we could see over the Firth of Forth as well. The room was a great size and so was the bathroom.
The staff were very welcoming and we had no issues at all with the service. The price of the hotel was very competative and I think we easily got our money's worth. Its in a great location very close to Waverley Train Station and if you are driving the OMNI car park which you get a discount for using is less than a 2 minute walk away. If you are using the OMNI car park don't bother walking all the way up the hill to Waterloo Place. Instead as you leave the car park walk down Calton Road as there is an entrance on the left hand side with lift access to the main reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland