When we got off the train from London we hailed a taxi. The cabbie laughed when we told him we were headed to the Apex Waterloo Hotel. "It's right there," he said, pointing down the street. The castle and royal mile were in easy walking distance, as was the new town area. We found our room to be quite comfortable, and the staff was friendly, though not quite exuberant. Compared with lodging rates we encountered in general, this hotel seemed to be quite fairly priced. We'd stay here agian if ever back in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland