This hotel has a superb location, right at the end of Princes Street, 5 minutes walk from the stores (Parking at the Q Omni right behind it, hotel will give 15% discount on parking). The hotel is modern, clean and the staff are extremely polite and helpful. I was going to book through a site like last minute.com, however I noticed that the hotel advertises that they will match any rate, so I called them direct, the lady was extremely helpful, she did match the cheapest price I had seen online and as it was my husbands birthday she put a note in my booking to upgrade if possible. We did indeed receive the upgrade to a small suite - it was superb, on the 7th floor with a great view all the way to the water!. (I recommend you ask for a high floor as the traffic is noisy) the room was spacious, immaculately clean and the bathroom was huge with a large walk-in shower and a stand alone bath. Elemis toiletries were suppled and also there was tea/coffee making facilites, fridge, A/c, biscuits, pringle crisps and sweets. The one huge let down was the breakfast, it is £15 each for the full scottish breakfast, the food is all stone cold, although served on red hot plates, the sausages are not cooked and insipid and the rest looked like it had been made hours and was congealed, the obviously they do not make it to order, so avoid this at all costs - two doors down there is a lovely deli that does breakfast, and next to that an italian restaurant that also does breakfast, for about £5 each. We would definately stay at the hotel again, but just forget breakfast! For lunch I recommed (in the summer) the Rose Garden, directly on the back of The Dome (at the rear of M&S), food fab and great setting in a cute courtyard. For Dinner I highly recommend the Maison Bleue (Victoria Street, Grassmarket) food amazing but you need to book. For cocktails 'The Dome' is a must, its not cheap but the setting is amazing and the atmosphere wonderful, old fashioned style and class!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland