From the Minute I arrived until the day of departure I felt all the staff I meet were very professional and very happy and always willing to help you. Check in was very fast, and we had left our luggage in the morning and when we went to check -in our luggage had be taken up to our room for us.
It was a little walk to our room, from the lift and up stairs, (not much signs to tell you your going right direction), but it was worth it, our room was huge (king sized bed with loads cushions, and very comfy pillows), big bath and a separate shower. toweling robes provided and big fluffy towels. The room and bathroom was very clean.
The was complimentary water in the fridge, and espresso machine.
We ate in the hotels restaurant for dinner on the fixed menu (but they also do a la carte) and it was lovely meal, very well presented and very tasty and staff were very efficient.
Breakfast I felt little rushed, and the smoked bacon wasn't too my taste, but my friend had egg benedict and said they were lovely.
The Spa is lovely for a big hotel it was very peaceful and relaxing (pool small ), but it was nice to chill and relax with the steam room and sauna.
This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a while - with the friendly staff, the small finishing touches about the hotel and in the room, comfy bed and excellent food.
Apex Waterloo is a great place to stay for location too, short stroll from bus station and train station, close to North Bridge for access to Royal Mile, and also minute from Princess Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland