We orignally booked a superior room for 2 nights to celebrate my 21st birthday. Unknown to me my boyfriend had phoned the hotel prior to us arriving and they upgraded us for free to a deluxe room which was amazing. It had a huge king bed, desk area and 42inch tv with dvd player and 5 newly released dvds to watch. Our room was on the tenth floor so our bathroom had a sky light window. Huge bath and double walk in shower, couldnt ask for anything better. The hotel also helped with arranging flowers to be delivered to our room while we were out. We also has a fridge which had cola etc in which we were free to use which was a nice added tough.
You cant beat the location. Come out of the hotel and turn right and walk straight for a couple of minutes if that and your on Princes Street with all the shops. When you come out of the hotel turn right and then right again and just walk down the hill and your at the Onmi Centre which has a cinema and several restaurants to choose from. The Playhouse Theatre is right next door to the Onmi Centre.
Didnt eat at the restuarant in the hotel or use the bar so cannot comment on them but they looked very nice.
Staff were very friendly and accomodating.
The only negative about this hotel is there is no on site car parking. There is a couple of spaces outside the hotel which will cost you £2 per hour and are only allowed to park there for a max of 4 hours. Beside the Onmi Centre is a National Car Park where the Apex have a deal with so you get a think 20% off car parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland