We were so impressed with this hotel that we stayed an extra night. I have attached a letter I worte to the General Manager for everyone to see how happy I was.....
I just want to pass some comments on to you about my visit to your hotel on the 18th, 19th and 20th April 2009. My partner and I have both worked in the leisure industry for many years, we are both GMs of restaurants in Manchester city centre, and I have previously worked as a hotel manager. I tell you this, because I am sure you will appreciate that we will possibly be more critical than many other guests!
From the moment we checked in to the hotel (two hours before the official check in time), I knew we were going to have a pleasant stay. The receptionists (especially Matt) were only too happy to allow us to check in early. The room we were in (835) was exceptionally clean, fresh and very well presented.
I will not go on and on, but I would like to inform you that over the course of our stay we were made to feel especially welcome by all the staff, however I need to tell you about one in particular, that being Jimmy the night porter. Jimmy went the extra mile to ensure that we were looked after, he provided intelligent conversation, and was very attentive to our needs. He did not do any one thing that was majorly impressive, everything he did was impressive. He is a true credit to you and the hotel, and an ambassador for Edinburgh itself.
May I also take this time to thank your domestic staff for finding my mobile telephone (which I left in my room), and ensuring that it was posted to my home address for me. It has arrived safely.
I hope to enjoy many more pleasant stays at your hotel whenever we visit Edinburgh. I have already recommended you to many of my friends, and guests at my restaurant. I do hope that my friends, will also come and enjoy your facilities.
Please pass my comments on to ALL your staff, Matt and the person who found my phone, but especially to Jimmy.
I thank you very much for a most enjoyable weekend break in your fabulous city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland