I absolutely loved every minute of our stay at this hotel. The staff were so friendly and the hotel was very clean. We arrived at 11am to check-in and the staff told us the room wasn't ready yet but they'd take our bags and keep them safe and they'd text us when our room was ready. So we wandered around Edinburgh and only 45 mins later we got the text. When we arrived back our bags were in our room and the room was plush! The bed was so comfortable, there was a mini-bar with stocked literally two bottles of complimentary water, the bathroom was amazing with a large bath and walk-in shower! We loved this hotel instantly. One guy on reception had a fantastic sense of humour too which had a very welcoming effect.
The hotel is only 5 mins walk from Princes Street and Waverley Station so is in a superb prime location. You can't see the castle from the hotel but come out and walk 2 mins and it's there in front of you.
We decided to go to the spa in the hotel which again was amazing. It's free to use for guests and you have to use your room key to get into the changing rooms which then leads through to the spa so non-guests cannot walk straight in, I think they can pay to use the spa and get given a key at reception. There is a fitness centre (I can't say I used that though), a swimming pool, sauna and steam room which all get the thumbs up from me. Towels are provided and there are two walk-in showers with complimentary shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. All these little extras make the reasonable price you pay for the hotel well worth the money.
I definitely recommend this hotel, it's a must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland