I have visited this Hotel four times now. We stayed on the 27/09/2010 – 30/09/2010 and it was 1st class. We arrived early Monday morning 10ish and the reception staff were very helpful. They even informed us our room was ready to check in long before the normal 14:30 check in, which was brilliant as we could freshen up before a long day of sightseeing. (This would not always be the case however the Hotel would look after any suitcases/bags etc. until you could check in)
We were on the 9th floor and the room was massive with 6 big windows in the bed room and even 2 large windows in the bathroom, which all had great views of the City and Leith. Comfy King Size bed, 42” LCD TV with DVD player, spacious bathroom with walk in shower and big bath,bath robes and a rubber duck. Room also had complimentary bottles of water, Coffee/Tea making facilities and a safe.
The Sauna, steam room, whirlpool and swimming pool are a welcome rest from all the shopping etc.
We did not eat in the Hotel but the menus looked 1st class and the bar in the reception was well stocked with everything you could ever hope for.
Check out was at 12pm and our train did not leave until 18:00 but the reception staff looked after our bags until we were leaving which was superb.
Overall you can not fault this hotel in anyway possible, luxurious surroundings and outstanding staff.
Highly recommenced and will be returning, no doubts about it
BIG thank you to Karishma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland