I didn't have great expectations of this hotel as, having stayed in Edinburgh on business a number of times before, I'd found the hotels average and the staff generally unhelpful. But the Apex proved me wrong; it's a lovely hotel for a couple of days, in a fabulous location for exploring the city on foot and with friendly staff.
We were there on business during the Festival and even so it was a peaceful haven with nicely furnished rooms, lovely bathrooms (love the bath duck they leave for you!) and a modern, yet unflustered air. Breakfast was a bit average but it was during Festival and to be fair the basics were well covered. And best of all it isn't too expensive. Most hotels during Festival charge crazy money but this was a good hotel at a good price and for that alone Apex deserve a 'well done'.
I'd certainly stay again on business, although when I go up with the family, I may want somewhere that feels a little more suited to that market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland