We stayed at the Apex Waterloo for my birthday weekend and had a wonderful time. The location was excellent, only 5 minutes from Waverley Station and the Airport buses. Check in was friendly and efficient and we were quickly directed to our room on the 8th floor. We had booked into a standard city room through Airmiles, but my boyfriend had secretly upgraded us to a Master Suite!
The room was beautiful, with a large seperate living area, huge bed and lovely bathroom with stand alone bath and power shower. We even had a view of Authur's Seat out of the main living room window. Whilst I was marvelling at how nice the room was, my boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed!
Needless to say, we had a wonderful weekend! Breakfast was lovely, lots of choice on both the cold buffet (delicious croissants!) and off the menu for the hot food options. We didn't eat in the restaurant at night as we prefered to eat out - I would definetly recommend Wildfire on Rose Street for a lovely dinner.
All the staff we polite and helpful, ordering us taxis in the evening and sorting out late check out for us when we were leaving. I would definetely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting a quality hotel in an excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland