Hotels.com
Vio.com
Official Site
6,704 results
All reviews great location train station rubber duck sauna and steam room walk in shower calton hill end of princes street superior room spa facilities lovely hotel royal mile large bathroom hotel bar central location lovely room old town family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2024

Felt very welcomed here. The hotel and room was very clean and tidy, and was very spacious. Had a nice comfy sofa and a huge bath, which was lovely after a long day of walking. The pillows were odd, felt like mini lumpy duvets rolled up in a pillowcase!! A nice large comfortable bed. Had a nice view of the city (room 927) Even though the room was situated on the main road there was no noise from the street below. The hotel was situated in a great location. A short walk from all the restaurants and attractions. The restaurant in the hotel was very good, but I will review separately! We didn't get to visit the bar, although it was busy most nights and If we had more time we would've used the pool and spa.

Room tip: Try the restaurant - we went there twice and loved it. You can ask for different pillows. The duck was a nice touch.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Apex Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2024

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. We're thrilled to hear that you felt very welcomed and found the hotel and room to be clean, tidy, and spacious.

It's great to know that you enjoyed the amenities in your room, including the comfy sofa, huge bath, and the lovely view of the city from room 927. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the unusual pillows, and we appreciate your understanding.

We're delighted that the location of the hotel suited your needs and that you had a peaceful stay with no noise disruptions despite being situated on the main road.

It's a pleasure to hear that you had a positive dining experience in our restaurant. We look forward to reading your separate review.

If you have the opportunity to visit us again and use the bar, pool, and spa facilities, we're confident that you'll have an equally enjoyable experience.

Thank you for choosing Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2024 via mobile

Firstly the location is fantastic, reception staff were incredibly helpful particularly Alice.
I booked an accessible room as I’m a wheelchair user. The room was clean and comfortable unfortunately no outlook. Any minor problems were quickly and efficiently sorted out. Breakfasts were exceptional.
We were with friends and one of our group used the pool and was extremely disappointed with it as it was very cold. However in spite of that criticism, we will definitely stay at this Apex hotel again.

Room tip: Discounted parking nearby reasonably priced..
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. We appreciate your positive comments about the fantastic location, helpfulness of our reception staff, and the cleanliness and comfort of your accessible room.

I'm delighted to hear that any minor issues you encountered were quickly and efficiently resolved, and that you found the breakfasts to be exceptional. However, I'm sorry to learn that your friend was disappointed with the temperature of the pool. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We value your feedback, and it's wonderful to know that despite the minor setback, you are still considering staying with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with an even more enjoyable experience.

If you have any specific preferences or requests for your next visit, please feel free to reach out to us in advance, and we'll do our best to accommodate your needs.

Thank you once again for choosing Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. We appreciate your loyalty, and we can't wait to host you again.

Reviewed 4 March 2024

During our two-night stay, we enjoyed the spacious and comfortable Duplex suite, featuring a generous seating area and convenient upstairs room with adjoining bathroom. Additionally, the central location of the hotel was unbeatable. I am grateful for the significant discount provided for parking at the nearby Q-Park car park, making it a convenient and cost-effective option in the heart of Edinburgh.

The condition of the room labelled as a "suite" lacks any semblance of luxury, which is unacceptable. Upon arrival, we noticed a broken window, stained furniture, dysfunctional bathroom cabinet, painted-over air vents with peeling paint, torn bed linens, dirty floors, damaged walls, and worn-out carpets. When we entered our room on day 2, after it had been 'cleaned' we were greeted to a dirty tissue full of make up at the bottom of our stairs. Absolutely rotten!

During check-out, we were not asked about our experience and instead rushed to a small room by reception to retrieve our bags. The bags were easily located in the luggage storage room, contrary to the receptionist's claim of a "Jenga tower of luggage" hindering the search. It seemed the receptionist was fatigue and uninterested in assisting further.

I am disappointed to have saved significantly for the Duplex suite experience, only to be met with subpar conditions. A stay at a standard premier inn room would have likely provided a more luxurious experience in comparison.

Addressing these issues at that time would not have resolved the discrepancies. It is unacceptable that I was charged the amount I was, considering the condition of the room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed feedback about your recent stay at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for the multiple issues you encountered during your stay. It is truly disheartening to learn that the condition of the Duplex suite did not meet your expectations and that you had to endure inconveniences such as a broken window, stained furniture, and other cleanliness issues.

Your experience falls far below the standards we aim to provide, and I want to assure you that your concerns have been taken seriously. I have shared your detailed feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to address and rectify the issues you highlighted. Your comments will be used as a learning opportunity to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

I also apologize for any lapse in service during the check-out process. Our guests deserve a seamless and efficient experience, and I regret that we fell short in this aspect as well.

Regarding the price you paid for the Duplex suite, I understand your frustration, and I want to assure you that we are committed to providing value for the rates charged. I will personally review the details of your reservation to ensure that you were charged correctly and fairly.

I understand that your overall experience has left you disappointed, and for that, I am sincerely sorry. Your insights are invaluable to us, and we are taking immediate steps to address the issues you raised. If you have any further concerns or if there's anything else you would like to discuss, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Once again, I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced, and I hope we have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2024

Have stayed here before and loved it, booked again as a treat for my 12 year old daughter as she loved the swimming pool etc, this time however there had been issues with water/heating not exactly sure we weren't fully informed, the pool was far too cold to use, very disappointing as this was the reason we had booked here, on checking out we were told that someone would contact me however 3 weeks on and still heard nothing 😔

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family

I want to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. It is disheartening to learn that the issues with water and heating affected your stay, particularly the temperature of the pool, which impacted your daughter's experience.

I also regret that you haven't received a follow-up as promised. I assure you that this oversight will be addressed promptly. I have shared your feedback with our management team, and we will investigate the communication lapse to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Your loyalty and your daughter's previous positive experience mean a lot to us, and I am truly sorry that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and we will take the necessary steps to prevent similar situations from occurring.

If you would like to discuss your experience further or if there's anything specific you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Your insights are valuable as we work to enhance our guest experience.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much-improved stay in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2024

Great central location in Edinburgh city in the Waverley end of Princes Street. Make use of the many restaurants nearby as there are so many!
The room was lovely and plenty space for short or extended stays.
It’s nice having the provision of a pool to refresh from busy days exploring the city sites.
The cost is higher however location is definitely a factor adding to this more than I would see as worthy, we wary on weekends where big shows are on or Edinburgh events as everywhere in the city can multiply their costs 3-4 fold

Date of stay: March 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Apex Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2024

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location, the spacious room, and the convenience of having a pool after exploring the city.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the pricing during busy weekends, and we understand your concerns. We'll take this into consideration as we continuously strive to provide value for our guests.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.