“Very friendly, lovely cafe”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #142 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2012

What a gem this little cafe is! At the end of a long walk along the river, this cafe was a lovely find. Soup, cheese scone and coffee - all home-made and delicious. The lady owner was so nice and friendly! Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2012

....Just spent a lovely afternoon with my wife and daughter walking & cycling along the Almond. Chanced upon the Cramond Falls Cafe (with adjoining B&B). Smashing little place serving delicious home made muffins and fruit scones straight from the oven. Do a very decent americano and latte (with the best rosetta leaf design I've seen since The Green Hornet). Staff and owner were extremely friendly. Outside seating, overlooking the river make this a must visit cafe if you are in the area. Go check it out and pop back to spread the word.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2012

What a lovely place; a friend brought me here on my first visit, this morning, for a (very reasonably priced) cuppa and a heavenly warm, fresh-from-the-oven cheese scone.
Sitting in the sunshine, in the walled garden, we relaxed in delightful comfort, with convivial company which included several babies and dogs.
I'm looking forward to my next visit...and the next...and the next...

Wholeheartedly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Just back from a stay in this fantastic B & B. The room was better than we could have hoped for, stunning furniture and the bed is soooo comfy.
Views of the river almond and after a long day and the sound of the river is so relaxing as you go to sleep. The owner Eileen is such a nice lady she can't do enough for you.
The coffee is really nice in the coffee shop and the walks just outside your doorstep are enough reason to visit Edinburgh alone.
This place is a true gem and we are so glad we stayed there.
I can only guess the reviewer who left such bad comments is a competitor who is trying to put people off staying here....well just ignore that one and book the Cramond Mill or visit the coffee shop you won't be dissapointed

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we had an exceptional reception from the owner with a hot cup of coffee and a scone fresh from the oven with a friendly introduction and chat. Our host was remarkable and could not have been more welcoming or considerate to our needs, Breakfast was at a time that suited us and was very enjoyable with home made juice sausages, eggs, pancakes and more, that set us for the day. The owner offered us information on local attractions in Edinburgh and how to get there.
The location of Cramond mill is in a beautiful setting on the river side with the sea front a stones throw away and a waterfall in the opposite direction which made our last day very enjoyable with a stroll along the river side to the sea front and a wander across the causeway to Cramond island at low tide.
Our host really made our trip with her courteousness and magnificent room that was laid out to our greatest expectation that was extremely clean and comfortable with fresh flowers in the room.
We would recommend Cramond mill to anyone looking for a break in Edinburgh or just a relaxing weekend. The city center is a bus ride away and the friendliness, setting and location of Cramond mill made this trip second to none.

Room Tip: We had the Indian room and couldn't have been more pleased, waking up to a river view was stunni...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My wife and I took a walk along the Almond today and stumbled accross this wonderful coffee shop with freshly baked scones and cake to die for! The service was very friendly and welcoming. As we left, we tried to think of the next occassion we would be having a party, so be could book Crammond Mill to host it - which is also possible.

PLEASE NOTE this place is OUTSTANDING and having read the previous review, I would perhaps question why anyone would go into such negative detail about such a fabulous, quaint place.

We will definitely be coming back and telling all our friends about Crammond Mills wonderful setting, both inside the warm coffee shop and outside on the banks of the Almond, sheltered from the windy shore.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stopped here for breakfast on a morning walk along Crammond with the dogs. First impressions showed a rather dirty and messy "cafe" in an old barn type building. I asked the woman if she sold haggis rolls and she told me she "hated doing breakfast" and just did bacon rolls. I then asked for a bacon roll and was advised it was actually a sandwich..

We were ushered into a very dirty room with a wood burning stove. There were dirty (and rather sharp) fire stokes laying on the floor in front of the fire. The plastic table cover was greasy. Eventually the bacon sandwich arrived and a bottle of Tesco own brand tomato ketchup was dumped on the table beside us. There were Tesco Value pots of pepper on the table and the salt shakers were all bunged up with old damp salt. The bacon was really thin, watery and flavouless and were sparingly placed between chewy chunks of farmhouse bread.

Whilst we were eating another group had said to the lady (as she hastily brushed throught the room) that they were going to sit at the large table but it hadn't been cleared yet. The lady who owned the place said that there was a family with children there previously and muttered something along the lines of not having time for people with children as they were messy and inconsiderate.

On the way out we were told that they "might" be open for Christmas dinner on the 25 Dec if we wanted to pop by.... no thanks!

Room Tip: Don't evens tay there!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rob16d
elainestuart36, Owner at Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Hi,
I am so sorry you didnt enjoy your bacon sandwich
We now have lovely fresh floury rolls and 3 rashes of bacon
i have a new cleaner who is excellent
I have removed the fire tongs from the fire side
Ido remember your visit
what I said to the new table was that I was sorry the table hadnt been cleared
and the kids had made a bit of a mess
Thankyou for your comments I am sorry you didnt find the log fire warming on a cold November day