“Very cosy with a lovely courtyard”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #134 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A very cosy, homely cafe with courtyard and indoor seating. Nohting too fancy, and a bit on the eclectic side.
Went there for lunch after a bike ride and were pleasantly surprised that the lunch food was as good as the tea and cakes!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Amazing scones and good coffee. A few years back the Botanics cafe had the best scones now it has to be this place.

Interesting venue that could do with a little reorganising and investment. There's a odd mixture of styles going on throughout and things are a little haphazard.(ironing board in the toilet? Etc)

Well worth a visit.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This place is an absolute gem!! I arrived at the Cramond Mill in the midst of a long year of traveling and it really was a breath of fresh air. Arriving late in the night, tired and laden with heavy luggage and a need to escape from the noise of the city, I was warmly greeted by Eleane, who in the middle of eating her dinner, made me a cup of tea, a couple slices of toasted homemade bread, and showed me to a room that was absolutely immaculate. The bed was so soft, the room warm, the bathroom clean and spacious with a stunning view from my window out to the river, I slept like a baby to say the least. When I woke in the morning I woke to the smell of baked scones and cakes coming from the kitchen and was then treated to the most amazing full Scottish breakfast, my eyes were definitely to big for my belly.

Stepping outside, it feels as though you are stepping into a small hamlet village in the highlands of Scotland and with a deep breath of fresh air, and the sounds of the rushing river only 10 meters away, all tensions just slip away.

As soon as I walked through the door of this place, it felt like home. I really can't recommend this place highly enough, and it is just a 25min bus ride from the city. The owner Eleane, is a beautifully open hearted woman, who was so accommodating, and also very helpful in my works of tracing my family heritage back to Scotland. It was the recharge I needed to continue my travels, so If you feel the need for a small escape I can assure you that you will not regret visiting this place.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed with any of the rooms, but the double room is great value for a single...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Nice place to stop off for a bite to eat before or after your walk in the Camond area, been a few times and the food has always been great, and the nice lady who owns the place even went and got me a cheese scone out of the oven to take away with me

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This great little cafe by the side of the river in Cramond is a fantastic place to take a breather and enjoy the scenery. The scones are big and delicious and the soup looked great too - a neighbouring table had it and it smelt delicious! The owner even came out to see how we were enjoying things which is more than can be said about the first place we stopped in Cramond, a bit nearer the harbour where we were told they were closing at.430 on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
I'd definitely recommend the Cramond Mill to anyone that's in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2012

At the end of a whistlestop tour of Scotland with a friend I brought her to Cramond, one of my favourite places in the Edinburgh area. We were delighted to find the Cramond Falls Cafe and ate the most delicious soup in the outside eating area behind the cafe. I bought some delicious looking scones to take with us and found they were as good as they looked. I am sure these scones would win an international award if there was such a competition as they were unbelievably scrumptious. The eating area reminded us of a Greek Taverna and the welcome was friendly. Only sorry we were leaving the area for home in Kent the next day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Staying at Cramond Mill was a pleasant experience. We had a short trip to the Edinburgh airport the next morning from our lodgings. Regrettably our early flight did not allow us to sample the breakfast which I can only imagine would have been delicious judging by the cappuccino that our innkeeper served us on our arrival and that we drank in the lovely adjacent garden area. The innkeeper was extremely accommodating offering to make us something for the morning that we were to set off. The surroundings are quite nice what with being able to stroll in either direction along the river behind the B&B to view the remains of the mill or venture to the the mouth of the river where it enters the River Forth. Quite nearby are the remains of Roman ruins which are worth exploring. Our room was rather snug, and whereas WiFi was available, the signal would be lost on occasion in the room necessitating a visit to the downstairs area nearer the router. Neither fact spoiled our stay.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple