“Tasty Lunch Walking from Silverknowes to Cramond via the Almond Valley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #142 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2012

A real gem, tucked away in the Almond Valley. Delicious soup with crutons and bread, and home-made scones and lemon marmalade to follow. Really friendly service, and excellent value. We recommend this to any walkers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Comfort from the word go. We were greeted from our taxi, luggage taken up to our room and tea offered in the breakfast room downstairs.
On a particularly frosty weekend our room was heated and toasty warm. The bed was very comfortable and the room + en suite spic and span. There's a kettle and choice of teas in each room.
A beautiful view from the window showed up the colours of the leaves against a hard frost in the morning.
A full Scottish breakfast was cooked for us after which we walked along the River Almond, just yards from the front door. This area is popular with walkers, joggers and cyclists. The b&b also runs a cafe, serving homemade soups and hot meals.

Room Tip: Use the website to make a choice
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Cramond Mill (aka 'Cramond Falls Cafe') is our longstanding favourite in the area for coffee, a snack, great cakes, homely service. Never stop at Mr Grumpy's (down at the foreshore); the Mill wins hands down every time!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 28 October 2012

enjoyed lovely homecooked meal even fussy teenager satisfied!! homemade cakes also delicious. service was fast and staff very friendly. lovely location on river Almond discovered whilst on lovely autumn afternoon walk.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A very cosy, homely cafe with courtyard and indoor seating. Nohting too fancy, and a bit on the eclectic side.
Went there for lunch after a bike ride and were pleasantly surprised that the lunch food was as good as the tea and cakes!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Amazing scones and good coffee. A few years back the Botanics cafe had the best scones now it has to be this place.

Interesting venue that could do with a little reorganising and investment. There's a odd mixture of styles going on throughout and things are a little haphazard.(ironing board in the toilet? Etc)

Well worth a visit.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This place is an absolute gem!! I arrived at the Cramond Mill in the midst of a long year of traveling and it really was a breath of fresh air. Arriving late in the night, tired and laden with heavy luggage and a need to escape from the noise of the city, I was warmly greeted by Eleane, who in the middle of eating her dinner, made me a cup of tea, a couple slices of toasted homemade bread, and showed me to a room that was absolutely immaculate. The bed was so soft, the room warm, the bathroom clean and spacious with a stunning view from my window out to the river, I slept like a baby to say the least. When I woke in the morning I woke to the smell of baked scones and cakes coming from the kitchen and was then treated to the most amazing full Scottish breakfast, my eyes were definitely to big for my belly.

Stepping outside, it feels as though you are stepping into a small hamlet village in the highlands of Scotland and with a deep breath of fresh air, and the sounds of the rushing river only 10 meters away, all tensions just slip away.

As soon as I walked through the door of this place, it felt like home. I really can't recommend this place highly enough, and it is just a 25min bus ride from the city. The owner Eleane, is a beautifully open hearted woman, who was so accommodating, and also very helpful in my works of tracing my family heritage back to Scotland. It was the recharge I needed to continue my travels, so If you feel the need for a small escape I can assure you that you will not regret visiting this place.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed with any of the rooms, but the double room is great value for a single...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo