“One of the friendliest places in Edinburgh”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #142 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Personal touches from the host made this one of the best B&B I've ever stayed in.
The host and helpers were extremely helpful and friendly. The place was equipped with the essentials yet its heritage remains intact. Definitely a recommend!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Excellent service, not to be missed, book early. Free wi-fi, great for business
My wife and I went up to see family for New Years, and I cant say enough about the Mill B&B. Great location, great service. A hidden gem, close to the city, quiet, peaceful, great VFM
I hope I can book again when I come up next year.

Room Tip: Book early for Xmas or New Year,
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Just had 3 great nights at Cramond Mill B & B. Elaine is a great hostess. My room was brilliant with a beautiful outlook over the river. Lots of thoughtful lovely details to make it very homely and the breakfast was excellent. The cafe is a great addition and I stopped past for a very good lunch there one day too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I cycled along the River Almond yesterday with a friend. We had been out for 2 hours. It was cold. We were muddy and tired from the challenging icy conditions. I wasn't aware the Cramond Mill place existed, despite knowing the area very well from growing up in Cramond. The cafe is in such a great location for passers by stop off at for a coffee and snack like we did. We encountered fantastic service, a friendly owner who wasn't phased at all by the fact we were caked in mud. We only had enough money for two coffees, but we were offered a HUGE scone as well, and told to pay for that the next time we were in the area. And we will be back soon. Five stars.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John E
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I've first passed the Cramond Mill B+B by accident this summer.
And it was the best thing I could have done! Because now I know where to find the "BEST SCONES IN EDINBURGH" or even whole Scotland...
The Cramond Mill is one of my favorite places to go to with my friends and family who haven't been to Scotland/ Edinburgh before.
I stayed in the B+B last week with my parents and we had a wonderful time.
The area is beautiful (nature), Elaine was a very nice host, the food (we just had a brithish breakfast and the scones) was more than excellent.
Unfortunately the B+B is quite close to the airport, which causes some fly- over noise but you don't notice this when you are inside.
Which is another very important fact. The interior decoration is so nice and beautiful which makes you feel at home at once.
I can just recommend this B+B and the cafe!! Enjoy the atmosphere and a good warm scone with home- made lemon marmelade... Yummy!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mona N
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I've just spent the most fantastic 4 days as guest at this B&B. It has a truly wonderful homely atmosphere made special by Elaine, the owner who has a beautiful warm personality, and her husband who is very helpful as well. The decore alone in the dining room is well worth a visit as it has the most magnificant and exquisitely hand-crafted chairs with very high backs that are fantastically different as I've never ever seen before. I don't know how many bedrooms it has but there are only a few, which is great because it's not overun with people. The locality is idyllic and really beautiful. Across the road is a river which is very pretty and calming to sit in the seats provided and just to sit there and feel the serenity wash over you. A five minute walk takes you to a beautiful waterfall and a short walk further on is an open field with about 8 gorgeous Shetland ponies of various colours. I must mention also the cafe attached to the B&B where you can relax with a hot chocolate or whatever and sample one of Elaine's amazing huge scones that she bakes fresh every day, while looking at the serene vista. And - if you're a cat lover (which I am) there's this gorgeous resident black cat whose name is Salem, and who is just the most loving of cats I've ever seen - takes any amount of petting and cuddles and I just loved him so much I would have joyfully brought him home with me!! I will definitely be going back there in May when I revisit my friends in Edinburgh.
Leah (New Zealander living in London)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2012

A real gem, tucked away in the Almond Valley. Delicious soup with crutons and bread, and home-made scones and lemon marmalade to follow. Really friendly service, and excellent value. We recommend this to any walkers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple