“A pearl”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #148 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Forres, United Kingdom
“A pearl”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This charming little family run B and B is to die for. From the bespoke antique and recycled furniture to the sumptious beds and friendly service. From here it´s just a bus ride to central Edinburgh or you can walk along the Forth foreshore, across the causeway to the island or up the historic Almond River. What´s more there is a cosy in house cafe for rainy days with a book or couples snuggling up. A great getaway still with in reach.

Room Tip: There aren´t many rooms but the king size one would be the pick of the bunch. Nr 1?
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Cycled to this lovely coffee shop on a sunny afternoon in March. At first I was disappointed to find that their only gluten free food on offer was soup. However,my faith was restored. I met Elaine the friendly owner who kindly offered me some delicious gluten free shortbread(on the house) to have with my cup of tea. We discussed gluten free food, and Elaine assured me she would experiment with more choices. Elaine has offered several GF baked goods in the past but many have been left unsold!!!-------Hello fellow coeliacs! Please visit this great coffee shop where one day we may find 'the best Gluten Free Scones in Edinburgh'

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have had a chance to stay for a week in magic Cramond by the River Almond in Cramond Mill Bed and Breakfast. The owner is a charming lady with international experience and delightful taste. The bedroom was clean,comfortable, with TV, WIFI and wonderful cushions and all for a very affordable price. On the week end I had a chance to discover the coffee shop which is run next to the B&B that I would definitely recommend, on top of the wonderful setting by the Almond river leading to the beach, the marshmallow hot chocolate, the lentil soup, the home made carrot cakes... and very good coffee! Great experience! If there was a place where I would like to stay again in Edinbrugh, that would be in this B&B in Cramond!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Last weekend my family and I went a lovely walk along Almond River and stopped on the way back at this coffee shop. The staff and owner were so friendly and were just bringing out more freshly baked scones. My parents had coffee which they said was amazing and I had the lovliest cup of tea. We sat outside but the owner showed us around inside, which had a lovely fire and looked really cosy. i bought some homemade rocky road cake for my husband before a left, which weighed a ton with all the fattening stuff in it!! Would make a point of going out my way to go there again

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

A really lovely place to stop for coffee & home made real food. Tranquil setting, with wonderful service. We generally park the car at the beach & walk along the river to the mill. Cosy both outside & inside.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Personal touches from the host made this one of the best B&B I've ever stayed in.
The host and helpers were extremely helpful and friendly. The place was equipped with the essentials yet its heritage remains intact. Definitely a recommend!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Excellent service, not to be missed, book early. Free wi-fi, great for business
My wife and I went up to see family for New Years, and I cant say enough about the Mill B&B. Great location, great service. A hidden gem, close to the city, quiet, peaceful, great VFM
I hope I can book again when I come up next year.

Room Tip: Book early for Xmas or New Year,
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple