All reviews university campus salisbury green arthur's seat pollock halls holyrood park halls of residence salisbury arms city centre commonwealth pool cold buffet fresh fruit trouser press royal mile rooms are small cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent minute walk
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very good , the room was clean , looked like new , the service from the staff was great, very friendly and helpful.
We had a meal there in the evening and the food was lovely and again staff were fantastic.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh1st, Manager at Masson House Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Diana M,

I am delighted to read your 5 star review following your stay at Masson House Hotel & Bistro.

Your wonderful comments regarding our room cleanliness, service and Bistro experience have been shared with the team to ensure we keep our standards high. Hopefully you will be able to experience them again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Not cheap for an out of town stay but the welcome was warm from the very friendly team. Room was spotlessly clean and modern and had a comfy bed. Great selection for breakfast and the staff serving were helpful. Would recommend for a short or long stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh1st, Manager at Masson House Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear 578Alan,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and gave us 5 out of 5 stars in particular for the room cleanliness, staff service and breakfast.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

We stayed here in late July primarily due to a work assignment at the University. Having added another night at our own cost, the value, room and breakfast were all fine but I'd like to specially mention the staff. My wife hurt her ankle quite badly on the first night and needed a lot of consideration. It took quite a few re-arrangements, change of room, icepacks and all this kind of thing - we've never put in so many requests to a Reception in our lives. ALL of the staff were extremely helpful, particularly Ewa (?) and her male colleague at the desk. Breakfast servers and other staff helped out too when they saw my wife's crutches. Really, it made everything so easy, when every small thing was looking like a hassle; and we couldn't have been more impressed. Thanks, and recommended.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MartinJF73
Edinburgh1st, Manager at Masson House Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear MartinJF73,

Thank you very much for your positive review following your stay at Masson House Hotel & Bistro.

I do hope your wife's ankle injury is getting better and delighted that my team was able to support you with your requests. I am very pleased to read your comments about our team, breakfast and the service provided during your stay.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future but hopefully on that visit without any injuries. My team and I look forward to it.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We stayed at Masson House from 21 July to 24 July and had a fabulous stay. Staff were super friendly. The room was beautifully laid out and the standard of furnishings throughout were excellent. The breakfasts were brilliant - lots of choice and fresh local produce. Fabulous location in Edinburgh for easy access to the city. Peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor at the back - so lovely an quiet
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather P

Dear Heather P,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of Masson House Hotel & Bistro.

I am delighted that my team, our room functionality and breakfast food quality have contributed to a very positive hotel experience.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here overnight - a birthday gift from our daughters for the old man’s 70th. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff were kind, friendly and helpful. The old building we were in was beautiful. We were upgraded to a fabulous room as a result of the family informing staff of the birthday. In addition, we returned to the room after several hours exploring the city to find a bottle of wine and a birthday card on the dressing table. The surroundings are beautiful and SO quiet. The breakfast was one of the best I’ve ever had. It’s walking distance from the city yet surrounded by trees and well away from any roads. Highly recommended place!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meryl M
Edinburgh1st, Manager at Masson House Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Meryl M,

Thank you for your 5 star review following your stay.

I am delighted that we were able to play our part in making your husband's birthday celebration special. Hopefully on his (or yours) next birthday we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel.