Number 45 Bed & Breakfast
US$373
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$335
US$279
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$224
US$181
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bperfect hostslovely homehaggisquiet streetcooked breakfastother guestsyogurttaxicomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2010

My family and I enjoyed a fantastic break at this hotel Mrs Helene and Mr Bill were great and even tought the weather were pretty much cold they provided extra heating to keep my room warm enough to my kid.
Food were great I really enjoyed Full Scothish Breakfeast
Room very clean and organised, bathroom really small but not a problem at all.
I'm looking forward for my next break and definetely I recommend this extraordinary B&B.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dcatar
Reviewed 13 January 2010

This is a well-run bed and breakfast with friendly owners and personal service who will adapt breakfast to suit (both in terms of time and contents- they will even do vegan!). I have tried a couple of places in this area in the similar price bracket and this is my favourite. Note some of the other ones are on the main roads- so this is a nice quiet choice. I dont go into town, but at least during the day there are regular buses and taxi from the station is 7 pounds. The kitchen table is communal but this isnt unusual in b&bs in scotland. there are some restaurants about 10 minutes walk from the b&b.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2009

The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. The breakfast was great - in fact, I miss it a lot :) A choice of cereals, fruit followed by a cooked breakfast and toast. I highly recommend poached egg, bacon, tomato and toast. I loved the communal table in the dining room and met a few interesting people during my stay who I am still in contact with. A very friendly atmosphere. The owners are very helpful with recommendations of where to go in the city and for other places to visit. A short walk to the main road gives access to bus services into the city - approx 10/15 min journey if I recall correctly.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Devonia73
Reviewed 11 December 2009

The structure was quite far away from the city center (not clearly mentioned on the website): this is not a problem during week days, but on sundays there is only one bus per hour going to Edinburgh and walking might not be an option depending on weather conditions. It might also be not easy to find a place to eat in the evening. The room was a bit cold and with no shower in it ... only a bath-tube. Breakfast was served on a common table with the other guest of the B&B and the food was just ok (the yogurth was 2 weeks out of date). It was a cheap one, but I wouldn't recomment it.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaja_the_Best
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We enjoyed our stay very much. The breakfast was very good and Irene fixed homemade goodies each night for tea. When she found out we had a very early flight she fixed some scones for us to take with us to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family