“Best time in Scotland!”

Brewhemia
Ranked #541 of 2,753 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Our story is one steeped in adventure, a love of great food, drinks and a passion for theatrics. A haven for those with a thirst for discovery, tank fresh beer, artisan coffee, fresh Scottish scran, cocktails and super fine wine. Indulge your senses and share in the wonder of Brewhemia.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This was one of my favorite restaurants in Edinburgh! The setting was very unique offering multiple bars/scenes inside. We entered the main dining room and bar, then viewed the back bar/brewhouse area where there was a live band playing jazz music on the upper level. My favorite, however, was the upstairs Prosecco and Gin bar where we met Mhoraig who was tending bar. She was extremely polite, friendly, funny, and helpful with us tourists. I am not a huge Gin fan but I absolutely loved the cocktails she created for me. We loved Brewhemia so much we cancelled our dinner reservations and decided to come back for dinner. At dinner I had the Haggis scotch egg. Haggis sounded like something that would make me vomit, but the dish was delicious! Afterwards I had the Scottish filet served on the hot rock. I tend to find the food in Scotland a bit under seasoned so this was great, I was able to season and cook the steak the way I liked it. Served with a side of béarnaise sauce it was my favorite meal in Scotland so far. After dinner we went upstairs and had more drinks with Mhoraig and took some photos in their photo booth to end the night. She suggested things to do and not do while in Edinburgh. Hope to be back very soon!

1  Thank Ryan K
CLGSocialMedia, Social Media Manager at Brewhemia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for leaving a review and for leaving us 5-stars.

We're delighted to be considered so highly and to have helped make your visit to Scotland a memorable one. That means a lot to us. We will also be sure to let Mhoraig know that her efforts did not go unnoticed, and I'm sure she'll appreciate the lovely feedback.

Thanks again Ryan and we hope to see you back at Brewhemia in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We visited Brewhemia as part of an Edinburgh Cocktail Weekend event. We got there at about half past seven on a Friday evening and the joint was jumping - busy, lively with a varied clientele enjoying the many different areas available to them in what is a very, very big bar. We were hungry, but hadn't booked a table; under normal circumstances we would have had to stay hungry, but luckily an expected reservation hadn't rocked up, so we were able to secure a table. The menu is very extensive, my friend and I both had the Lobster and Crayfish Cocktail, from the "Wee Plates" section of the menu, it was served with flatbread, it was delicious and didn't strike us as being particularly wee! Service was efficient and friendly, I will definitely make a return visit.

Hi labelleisle,

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and for leaving a review.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your meal and drinks with us. It's even better to hear that the food was plentiful!

Thanks again for visiting us and we hope to see you back at Brewhemia soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This place is exactly what Edinburgh has been missing from its bar scene.

Different things on different nights, great atmosphere and great entertainment!

Must visit in Edinburgh!

1  Thank Ryan M

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for leaving a review and for giving us 5-stars! It's much appreciated and we hope to see you back at Brewhemia again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Heard about celebration of the 175th birthday of the first brewing of Pilsner Urquell through social media and therefore applied for our free pint!

Great place - absolutely huge and a really good atmosphere. Nice quiet area at the front and then the Beer Palace at the back, with a live band playing on the balcony. Very impressive place and extremely full, despite the prices certainly not being cheap. Plenty of staff and excellent service. Will be back!

1  Thank kathryndob

Hi kathryndob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide your feedback.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your experience with us for the PU 175th Birthday Celebrations. It was a lot of fun!

Thanks again and we hope to see you back at Brewhemia in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Just visited brewhemia w/o my friends and what can I say, the place is something else! From decor,design,food,Drink and they even have there own prosecco bar@ great atmosphere and the staff were very helpful will be returning very soon
Loved it you should check this place out if you are in Edinburgh

1  Thank Pitchdark R