“A great meal!”

Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Khushi Punjabi is family owned and operated right here in Edinburgh, Lothian. Since our restaurant opened in 1983, we’ve treated every customer like they were a part of our family. Other restaurants may offer similar services, but our legendary reputation for large portions and great food means that you get great value for money and a personal service that others can rarely match.
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Our meal was the best Indian I can describe. I purposely avoid that type of food as it can be unattractive and disappointing.

We were well looked after by the staff and I can say front of house rivals their respective chefs.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

What a lovely meal we had last night. The St Andrews Curry crowd had a catch up last night here. Yum yum! My husband over ate due to the tastiness of this food. Wow! We'll defo be back. I liked the wee tasty chickpea dish that the waiter greeted us with. Prices very reasonable indeed. Taste is sensational. 5 stars from us.

1  Thank jfraser90
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Immediately upon entering, we were welcomed with a smile and seated.

We were given a little chickpea salad (tasty)while we checked out the drinks and food menu.

My partner ordered Lamb Sabzi and I went for 2 sides- daal and another vege dish.

Portions were a good size and food was excellent. It was a busy evening but the staff managed all tables.

This small Indian is one of the best I've been to. Beware a similarly named place nearby (also reviewed by me).

If you try both restaurants, I'm sure I know which one will be your favourite.

Great job Khushi Punjabi of Broughton Street.

Good job indeed.

2  Thank Iain W
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I and many friends have been coming to this restaurant since it opened, we have never had a bad experience the food is first class and the service is so friendly it's like visiting a friends house.
A friend and I were there last night to celebrate his birthday, what a wonderful way to celebrate.a special occasion, as usual the food was "to die for" the service very personal and friendly.
I can recommend this restaurant to every curry lover from not just Edinburgh but anywhere in the world fortunate enough to be in Edinburgh, it will make your stay that extra bit more enjoyable but I suggest you make it early in your stay as you will want to go again and again.
Bruce Henderson

1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Visited on Saturday 22 March with frirnds who are 'regulars'.
Very small inside the restaurant but creates an authentic atmosphere.
We had vegetable panoramic starters and lamb kahari fir the main with rice and naan. Hot in both spice and temperature and really tasty. Everyone loved the food
Recommended for a good value, friendly and genuine Indian meal. Would definitely eat here again.