“Location,location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Capital View Apartments
Ranked #107 of 217 Speciality Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My family and I stayed in the penthouse apartment in May. While we were there the weather in Edinburgh was really chilly - but the apartment was always pleasantly warm. It has many things going for it... It is spacious, modern, has a bathroom for each of the three bedrooms and has fantastic views but the best thing is its location. It is right on the Royal Mile a few minutes walk to the Castle, Edinburgh National Gallery and many restaurants, pubs and tourist attractions. Jill was helpful both before and during our stay.
We felt very privileged to stay there and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank noosh03

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Had a great time again love to stay at the apartments ideal for everything we need close to all Edinburgh offers , great place to stay it has everything you need plus a beautiful view of the city at great pice , will be back again soon Gary & Lisa Washington

Room Tip: Stayed in both apartments 8a & 8b ideal for a couple
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Me and my 2 daughters stayed for a week in apartment 8B and really loved it... before we came to Edinburgh we had a great communication with Jill the owner and she gave us very good info about how to get to the apartment.... what to see in Edinburgh and over all she was so nice and I really enjoyed changing e-mails with her... all my questions were answered and we arrived to Edinburgh more confident than we would be as first time traveller there :)
As we arrived very late at evening we picked up our keys at the Wash Bar on ground floor in the building. Everything was as described, very nice apartment, clean, well equipped, really good shower/bathroom and we had everything we needed! We really enjoyed our stay with Capital View Apartments.
The staff at Wash bar were so lovely and we're going to miss them... always ready to help if we asked for it :)
I highly recommend Capital View Apartments and I would for sure stay in their apartment again if we come back to Edinburgh!! Thanks Jill for a wonderful time!!! :)

Helga, Freydís and Linda from Iceland :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Helga H
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed in 5B with my 12 year old son for seven nights, starting on March 28, 2013. Many years ago, I lived in Edinburgh while attending university so I knew right off that this was a terrific location. Yes, there is noise. Unless you are planning to stay in a soundproof cave, in the middle of nowhere, there will be noise. While my son has actually slept through a hurricane, I am a very light sleeper. (Just ask the aforementioned son who has been known to attempt to sneak downstairs at home to watch tv past his bedtime.) I was well aware going in that this apartment was above a popular bar (The Wash) and expected I might have to force myself to enjoy a pint or two at night just to get some sleep. To my chagrin, that proved unnecessary. The only sacrifice I had to make was on account of my dear son who does not like mornings and sometimes had to be dragged out of bed. The noise, while audible, was never a problem. The apartment offered a comfortable home away from home. We were able to enjoy breakfast, pack lunches, and enjoy so much of what Edinburgh and the surrounding area offers. The only thing the apartment lacks, is a slow cooker so I could have dinner ready when we got home each night. And if you think that's a serious issue, you've lost your mind.
So the location, price, and amenities are all fabulous. What else? That would be the service which makes the first three pale by comparisson. A very minor issue, one which I would have happily lived with during my stay but alerted them to because I thought they would want to address it prior to the next party, was handled immediately and with absolutely no inconvenience to me and my son. Jill even very kindly offered a detailed itinerary which I'm now anxious to try out when I asked her about Glasgow. The communication was fabulous regarding everything from the initial enquiry right through to leaving the keys on the table as you walk out of the door. And make no mistake, I was sorely tempted to stay as a squatter rather than walk out of the door. Folks, you just don't get this service in hotels.
I'm enlisting a group of friends for a return trip to Capital View Apartments, have specifically recommended it to some people I know who are considering trips to Edinburgh, and have posted about it on my various social media accounts. Is it perfect? Well, no. I've never encountered a place that is. However, it is a place to which I will happily return and encourage others to do the same. And I rarely have loyalty to an accommodation. Between the exceptional service, location, price, and amenities-- Capital View knocks it out of the park.

2  Thank chaslaw_7
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Its our second time at the Capital Apartments and it defo won't be the last. Excellent facilities, lift to all floors, Royal Mile out the back from the 4th floor. The apartments themselves are very clean, well equipped, small and compact yet with everything at hand to make your stay as comfortable and stress free as possible. Plenty of storage for clothes and to hide cases and bags away. Showers are brilliant, plenty of towels. The decor of the apartments is practical, stylish and comfortable.
The views from the apartment day and night was just superb. The location of the apartments is ideal, you haven't got far to travel to visit the sights, close to bus routes and train station. The mound can be a bit noisy late at night and early in the morning with revelers coming home, but only noticable because I can't sleep without a window open. Plenty of places to eat, drink and be merry. Great Museums that are free too!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view. Excellent facilities within the apartment.
2  Thank 256CarolG
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Our family of four stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The apartment is well equipped with everything you need. Very clean. The veiws are excellent over looking waverly station, princess street and beyond as far as the eye can see. It is well located. Just walk out the back door and you are on the royal mile, go out the front door cross the road down the steps and you are in princess street gardens. Everything is within walking distance. Would highly recomend.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I would recommend this apartment to anyone and the people who run it are excellent. Location is brilliant for the town centre and travel. Great views out to the town and beyond and the apartment was exactly what we needed

• Stayed: February 2013