“Couldn't ask for anything more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Capital View Apartments
Ranked #113 of 218 Speciality Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights. The apartment had everything we needed, was clean, warm and comfortable. The views were stunning.
The location was excellent for the shopping centres and the Royal Mile and the museums.
The cost to stay was such good value we had expected that something would be wrong with it, but it exceeded all our expectations.
Cant wait to go back with my family next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 October 2009

This apartment was more than we anticipated. Firstly it couldn't be any more central for both shopping and entertainment. Literally a 2-3 minute from Princess Street and less to the Royal Mile. We stayed here for the fringe and certainly enjoyed. The apartment had everything we could have needed. Was spotless and well maintained, so much so that we have booked to go back next year, for even longer. The booking was a pleasure, with the owner staying in regular contact and being extremely helpful. A short walk from the train station. Excellent views. Have already recommended to friends

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My studio apartment exceeded all expectations. The views from my room on the 8th floor where STUNNING. See photos. The apartment building is on The Mound, with the rear entrance/exit right on the Royal Mile a couple blocks from the Castle. A 10 minute walk across Princes Street Garden are Marks and Spencer market, and a Sainsbury (better than M&S) market. Saved money eating by preparing food in the well-equipped kitchen. 5 minute walk to Waverly train station and the tour buses. 5 minute walk to fabulous pubs in the Grassmarket area. Jill and her husband responded immediately to all of my booking questions and were there to meet me when I arrived.

The only negatives and they weren't a big deal: 1) the laundry room only has 1 washer and 1 dryer and there was a line up to use them. I wasted hours going up and down the elevator checking on my clothes, if I'd known I would have just taken them to the cleaners. 2) the hairdryer was broken. I will definitely stay here again, literally had tears in my eyes when I had to leave Edinburgh.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Yes it was a nice surprise for me to see this amazing ancient heritage building with modern lifestyle apartment in it.!.specially for tourists from Far East Asia .It was a very comfortable stay . The views from one of the highest points in of the city was magnificent indeed.The kitchen had nifty complimentary supplies , like a jar of sugar which otherwise you might need to buy.
The location is just excellent ..the hop ON and OFF tourist bus is just a mere walking distance away at Waverly Station.Shopping streets just behind and the Castle not very far off.A big thanks to Mr.Livingstone for making this a really pleasent stay! Nice memories of Scotland indeed.....will be back again..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the capital view apartments with my parents who were visiting us from the US. We had a wonderful and memorable vacation and the apartment was ideal and fabulous!
From the minute we contacted the owner "Jill" we've had the most pleasant experience, she's been incredibly helpful and kind, and sent us useful information about the area, upcoming events and has been very prompt in answering any and all questions.
The flat was very clean and tidy, great value for the money! Stunning views and it's right in the heart of the city center. Minutes from the train station, overlooking "Princess Street" and the gardens, just 2 minutes from "The Royal Mile", 5 minutes from the Castle and walking distance from all the key attractions.
Thank you Jill, it was a pleasure staying in Edinburgh. We will highly recommend this flat to all our friends and family, and we will be visiting again very soon! :)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I was looking for a reasonably priced break and booked this apartment for two nights as I had originally looked at a Travelodge and this apartment was a similar price. I'm delighted I did. I had gone for a weekend with my Mum and found the apartment in an ideal location, within easy walking distance to Princes Street for the shops and Gardens, to the Royal Mile and for an evening stroll at the Grassmarket. We had great weather on our weekend and sat at night with the large windows open enjoying a glass of wine while the sky turned pink and red over the Forth, and the twinkling lights of Fife in the distance. It was also ideal with the small kitchen, we enjoyed the evening view so much we had dinner in the apartment both nights and the kitchen was well enough equipped to eat in. I will definitely visit again and would recommend this apartment to my family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2009

From the moment we booked the owner was incredibly helpful, providing information about the city and it's attractions.

The flat is located right in the heart on the city centre, overlooking the Prince's Street Gardens and just a minute's walk from the Royal Mile. As we were visiting the city for the tattoo and fringe this was perfect for us.

The apartment itself was clean and comfortable with a great shower (as described in other reviews).

We will definately book again when we are next in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple