Hotel du Vin & Bistro
US$373
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$335
US$279
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$224
US$181
  • Breakfast included
1,158 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerroll top bathwhisky snugcigar bothyhdv edinburghoverlooking the courtyardroyal milesuperior roomfree standing bathlovely hotelnational museum of scotlandeggs benedictnespresso machinemini barlovely roomedinburgh hotelboutique hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Fantastic stay here - wonderful, quirky hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

Nabbed the Veuve Cliquot room on the 3rd floor - superb. Yes there's a flight of stairs to negotiate to the rooms up there, but as it's a wonderfully converted old building, chocked-full of character, it's not a big deal.

Great food at night and ace breakfast.

5 min walk to The Grassmarket and 10 min walk to the Royal Mile.

NCP car park very close with discount for hotel guests.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkAndMorag
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Like the previous reviewer, we had a room on the third floor with a rather unnecessary bath in the middle of the room. The route to the room involved a lift to the second floor, a hike around the periphery of the building, and then up another flight of stairs.
The room itself had a very comfortable bed, a huge walk-in shower, a mirror/basin area and a separate toilet. There was a very narrow sort-of sofa thing at the bottom of the bed and a single upright chair - in my view, the room would have been much better without the bath and with a nice large sofa.
Also, either my eyes are getting exceptionally dim, or there seemed to be some very "economical" lighting.
However, unlike the previous reviewer, I was impressed with the sound-proofing from the Night Club opposite, and could hardly hear it above the continually-necessary air-conditioning. However, my sleep was disturbed by a very creaky floor-board right outside our door.
Having said all that, the Hotel did get several thing very right e.g. free proper milk in the mini-bar (I hate UHT in my tea), and friendly and helpful receptionists.
Its position is outstanding for the Fringe, with even the EICC being only about 20 minutes walk away, the Udderbelly and Pleasance Dome about 2 minutes and the Pleasance Courtyard about 5 minutes.
Having visited the Fringe for the last 5 years, I can also reassure the previous reviewer that £280/night is not bad, and only about £50 more than the Travelodge during August! I know where I would rather stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed at the hotel du vin early August when we were in town for the festival. Very central to all the action but also far enough away to be quiet. Quite something for a city centre location. We had an upgraded room which was stunning, well equipped, great bath tub and bathroom. Super, super clean and smart, very current and on trend. We booked the French bistro for dinner, excellent service, great,tasty food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aj2509
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I visited Hiotel du Vin Edinburgh with clients on Wednesday late afternoon before going to a show. I thought, great place for a glass of wine and some nibbles beforehand - oh no, how wrong was I?! Cheapest bottle of rose or red was £28! The price had gone up overnight by 40%!
The sharing platters were also very poor value for money and boring! Cheese and charcuterie, not good and the bread was stale. I wanted to impress my clients and did not manage that. Service was poor too, no smiles about these waiters! I won't be back and neither will my clients!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EdinburghMaggie67
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This hotel is very close to Edinburgh Castle and in the middle of the Centre of Edinburgh! The rooms are great: Very nice beds, good bathrooms with bad and floorheating, and the service of the employees are very good! Good restaurant with food for everyone. All to all, best hotel in our Scotland trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple