“Satisfied”

Princes Street Suites
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I got a good deal on a 1 bedroom apartment for one night( 89 p). The apartment was quite large and well equipped as far as I could see. I only stayed one night, so I did not use the fascilites as much.

The location was perfect for everything.

I got apartment 3 on 3rd floor below ground floor, so no view, but surprisingly little noise from the street also.

The service I got in the reception was good, staff very helpful.

I have one complaint; the double beed is not really a double bed. For me travelling alone it was more than big enough, but for 2 friends travelling together its too small. At least there should be two blankets, because sharing such a small doublebed with one blanket might result in not being so good friends anymore.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
PSSteam, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites . We have noted your comments with regards to the beds and are glad to hear that the size was not an issue for you as a single traveller . We always have additional blankets and pillows available on request to avoid good friends not being friends anymore ! I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards- Sandrine

There are newer reviews for Princes Street Suites

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed for three nights with another couple.
Our apartment was of comfortable size,but there were glaring errors. A couch/settee was broken, there were few kitchen utensils yet there were two vase/ fruit bowls. The iron was pretty well on its last leg.
Whilst there was a washing /drier machine there should have been separate machines . It took ages to dry things and they were so tangled they were impossible to iron.
Now, the good side.
Location was terrific with easy access to Waverley statin. As for Edinburgh , the apartments were well located.
Staff were obliging although I had little to do with them
Would I recommend them--Yes. The location and proximity to the station and a major shopping centre makes these apartments worth using.
Send a practical person in and sort out the utensils and equipment.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan M
PSSteam, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. I am delighted that you would be happy to recommend our property to your friends and family despite the minor issues experienced during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you felt that there was no adequate kitchen equipment in the apartment . Our reception team has a stock of spare equipment should some be required and I hope that you reported the issues and that they were sorted accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites- Best regards
Sandrine

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The location is very, very good. Accommodation - was disappointing. We'd hoped that there would be two single beds for the young uns and as a result one of them had to sleep on the sofa. Not ideal. We asked for another sheet / blanket but it never arrived.
The furnishings are beginning to look tired and the overall feeling isn't really luxurious so much as serviceable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us with your family. The location is ideal indeed and very hard to beat . All the main visitor attractions are located within walking distance of our property- With regards to the beds, we always try to accommodate special requests as much as we can , so it is important to let us know if you have any. My apologies however if the additional bedding never arrived . I will definitely investigate further. I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience . I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Enjoy the rest of the summer ! best wishes - Sandrine

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Very roomy apartment with modern décor. VERY well located. Great rooftop view!! Only criticism was the two double beds. Would have preferred two single beds for children (boy and girl). Fortunately they were Ok sharing "most" nights. Bit small and bedding bit uncomfortable for tired travellers.
Would stay again & definitely recommend due to price, location and modern look of interior,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites . I am glad that you have enjoyed your overall experience with us. With regards to bed configuration, we do have a limited number of apartments with twin beds and those are available subject to availability, and on request.. Can I suggest that next time you book with us you put a special request for twin beds and we will try our very best to accommodate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best wishes - Sandrine

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ok! We got this place on late rooms for an absolute bargain. So good we were worried what it would be like! We need not have worried. It was just as described. Luxury apartment with 2 double bedrooms. There was even coffee and milk! It's location is also outstanding. Literally a few minutes walk from the train station and it is located at the end of Princes Street. It was perfectly placed for the Royal Mile as well! Helpful staff who were happy for guests to leave their luggage in a secure room. The Waterloo pub is directly opposite. Small basic and cheap! Everything is in walking distance from this accomodation. I would definitely go back. If only I could get that special rate again!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms will give you a view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandrine C, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your very enthusiastic review ! It am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you back at Princes Street Suites , at that very special rate or not ! very best wishes - Sandrine

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a two bedroom apartment in mid June
(my husband and two sons). The location was perfect for walking and exploring many areas including the royal mile and castle area. Some improvements could be on the overall appearance of the soft furnishings of the apartment we stayed in such as the sofas, cushions and rugs- they were a bit 'grubby'. We self-catered in our apartment most nights, however there wasn't enough crockery, utensils, glassware or pots/ pans. For example 4 glasses, no frying pan and only 4 each of spoon, fork etc. There was a dishwasher, but not many tablets supplied or dish washing liquid for the sink. The apartment was ' freshened up' each day and clean towels supplied. One other thing future guests should know is that if you require car parking, there is no on-sight parking and the closest one you can use is about a 20 minute walk away (next to train station)
and it is VERY expensive!! There is some discount available if you present the parking ticket at hotel reception, which is then exchanged for an endorsed coupon, but doesn't always work! Becomes tedious to get it sorted out. Overall a pretty good stay, I'd go back but without a car!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sconic73

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites. I am delighted to read that you and your family liked the apartment and were happy with the overal standard. I am sorry however that you felt that there was a lack of kitchen equipment and hope that you reported it during your stay in order for our team to rectify the situation. Our apartments are checked in full before each new arrival and items replaced if necessary. I hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Kind regards- Sandrine

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My sister, husband and I shared a two bedroom suite here and it was perfect! We had a kitchen, living and dining room area with two bedrooms and a bathroom. Everything was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful! Walk out the front door to tour buses, great restaurants, and shopping, including a fabulous grocery store. There is so much to see in Edinburgh and the Princes Suites Hotel was a great place to start from. The train station is a block away too. We were very happy staying here and want to come back.

Room Tip: We had a -1 floor room, which was fine. View of a very old wall did not bother us.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review . I am glad that you have enjoyed staying with us and that the apartment and service have met with your expectations . We look forward to welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites . Best regards- Sandrine