Spent 1 week here in beginning of July in a 1 bedroom apartment. Had no problems in finding the suites. Took the tram from Edinburgh Airport to St Andrews Square and then walked for about 5-6 mins. Of course I had checked a map before I went so I knew where they were located. Apartment was nice and quite spacious for 1 person. I really like this kind of accommodation due to the fact that I travel on my own and it feels more comfy than an ordinary hotel. I can - if I like - do my own cooking etc.
Kitchen was good but there was only 1 small pan in the kitchen cupboards. Not much to go by if you want to cook something! I asked reception for a frying pan and got one delivered to the room just moments later. Since I mostly used the microwave the lack of kitchen equipment didn't bother me that much but I hope this isn't the usual standard of the apartments. When I arrived the tv wasn't plugged and they had to get a wire/cable from somewhere else. TV in bedroom did not work - no signal.
Bedroom was ok but I found the bed a little bit to hard. The biggest problem though was the pillows. They were awful! They were just like a couple of flat padded blankets and not comfortable at all. Not the kind of pillows I'd expect to find in an establishment of this standard. Both bathrooms were nice.
And as so many others have mentiones - the wifi was a real laugh! Extremely slow / bad. I hope the mentioned upgrade will fix this.
All in all I liked the suites and will probably stay again if I go back to Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, space and service make Princes Street Suites a modern Edinburgh classic. Whether you check in for two nights or two weeks you'll enjoy the unrivaled space to entertain, work or simply relax that these superb award winning serviced apartments have to offer. You can choose from our luxurious three bedroom penthouse with views of Edinburgh Castle and Arthurs Seat to our spacious studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Princes Street Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princes Street Suites At 16 Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh
- Princes Street Suites Edinburgh, Scotland