“Wi oh Wi”

Princes Street Suites
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Comfortable hotel, great staff, spacious & comfortable rooms all good as you would expect for the price and it was, except for one big flaw. Very, very ,very slow internet, to the point where we had to go to the Starbucks cafe in the nearby station to carry out an important transaction.The staff did provide a small booster AFTER we mentioned the slow connection. This was a saga in itself with the user name and passwords not working on 3no of units we tried. Anyways to cut a long and frustrating story short Absolutely Unacceptable.
As these reviews are meant to help readers make an informed decision and as there is no mention of virtually non existent internet service on the Hotels website, you can now make an informed decision. We have.

Room Tip: If you don't need wi-fi, great. If you want quiet, choose another hotel outside of the city cent...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taichitraveller
Sandrine C, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Many thanks for your review . I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay but sorry to hear that you did experience some issues with the WIFI. We have been having a few problems indeed while our system is being upgraded , and as a result, have decided to provide individual Wifi hotspots to our guests in the meantime. I understand that we just got the devices on the day of your arrival and the team was not fully familiar with the systems. We now are ! I do realise however that this must have been extremely inconvenient for you and hope that you will accept our apologies . I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards- Sandrine

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The best thing is Princess Street Suites is centrally located and al attractions are easily accessible. We reached this place by train from London and could reach this place by walk from Waverly Station. We stayed in a three bed rom aparment.The apartments are spacious with kitchenete facilities. The apartment has got a terrace from where you have an excellent view of Edinburg.
The downside is WiFi is awful and is not usable most of the time. The supplies in the kitchen are not replenished regularly and we have to remind the reception periodicaly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PSSteam, Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Krama200,

Many Thanks for taking the time to write review on Tripadvisor.
As you point out our location cannot be faulted, we agree we are very lucky to occupy such a fantastic city centre location being so close to the historical centre, shopping and very easy access to the train station. I'm happy to hear you enjoy your stay with us. I'm sorry for the trouble you encountered with regards to WiFi and kitchen supplies.
I hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Princes Street Suites .
Best Wishes
Ania

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a 1 night stay here on a Friday night.
The apartments are really easy to find being situated very near to Waverley railway station. I found the lady on reception to be helpful and friendly and even though there were only 2 of us, we got an upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment. Our pad was clean and modern with lots of space. The kitchen was great as was the dining area and lounge. We really enjoyed the stay.
Now for a bit of nitpicking. The tap on the bathroom hand basin didn't work properly, the shelf in the bathroom had cracked paint and looked a bit shabby, the iron had a damaged flex and the roof terrace looked a bit scruffy. Small detail that would elevate this place to a level it should be.
As I said before, I'm nitpicking. I would stay here again without hesitation. Really good place that needs an obsessive compulsive maintenance manager !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PJGOLF,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay with us at Princes Street Suites. I'm delighted to hear you enjoy your stay and you would like to stay with us again.
I'll also personally pass your lovely comments to our reception and housekeeping staff.
All your comments in regards to maintenance issues have been noted and passed on to the maintenance department.
Thank you once again for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Kindest Regards
Ania

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent 1 week here in beginning of July in a 1 bedroom apartment. Had no problems in finding the suites. Took the tram from Edinburgh Airport to St Andrews Square and then walked for about 5-6 mins. Of course I had checked a map before I went so I knew where they were located. Apartment was nice and quite spacious for 1 person. I really like this kind of accommodation due to the fact that I travel on my own and it feels more comfy than an ordinary hotel. I can - if I like - do my own cooking etc.

Kitchen was good but there was only 1 small pan in the kitchen cupboards. Not much to go by if you want to cook something! I asked reception for a frying pan and got one delivered to the room just moments later. Since I mostly used the microwave the lack of kitchen equipment didn't bother me that much but I hope this isn't the usual standard of the apartments. When I arrived the tv wasn't plugged and they had to get a wire/cable from somewhere else. TV in bedroom did not work - no signal.

Bedroom was ok but I found the bed a little bit to hard. The biggest problem though was the pillows. They were awful! They were just like a couple of flat padded blankets and not comfortable at all. Not the kind of pillows I'd expect to find in an establishment of this standard. Both bathrooms were nice.

And as so many others have mentiones - the wifi was a real laugh! Extremely slow / bad. I hope the mentioned upgrade will fix this.

All in all I liked the suites and will probably stay again if I go back to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ninam S

Dear Ninam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites.
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay and you would like to stay with us again.
I was sorry to read however you experience some issues during your stay. All your points have been noted and passed to the relevant departments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards - Ania

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in June. Easy to find as I had made sure I checked the map beforehand but even if I hadn't, would not have been difficult to fine. Great location and quick check in.

Stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment with balcony. Apartment was clean, bright and spacious which was great. Balcony was okay but the view looked out onto the side of another building which was disappointing but could not be helped. Rooftop terrace has a great view but could really do with some maintaining in terms of litter. Several empty beer bottles were left on the table and the other side of the railings dozens of cigarettes ends could be seen. Wifi in rooms was impossible to connect to and I know there's an upgrade due so hopefully this will solve the issue.

My main conplaint however, is that I accidentally left my phone charger plugged into a socket in the room after checkout. Called hotel as soon as I got home and was told that the cleaners would check in the morning and I'd get a call to let me know whether the found it or not. Waited a while the next day for a call which I did not receive so had to call back myself. Was told no charger was found by the cleaners but they did have an iPhone charger in lost property I could have. Thinking it strange it hadnt been found, I told the female on the phone exactly which plug socket and in which bedroom to find it and it was behind drawers and therefore maybe missed by the cleaner. At this stage, the female on the phone was clearly no longer listening. Had told them my mum was going to be in Edinburgh in a few weeks time and would pop in to pick it up which she did. However, the receptionist when my mum went to pick it up said they did not have my charger (or the one they claimed I could have). I can only assume therefore it had been stolen by new guests or worse. I guess it's possible that it's STILL where I left it despite telling staff more than once where to exactly to look. My fault for leaving it behind but would expected to at least get it back. I'm just lucky it wasn't something of huge expense.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank uberwoman

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites . It is a pleasure for us to hear that you have liked great location and your apartment, but disappointed to hear that you have experienced problems while at Princes Street Suites . Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may cause. Your comments have been noted and passed on to the maintenance and housekeeping departments.
In regards to missing phone charger please contact me directly on revenue@princesstreetsuites.co.uk to discouss the matter with you at your earliest convenience.
Kindest Regards
Ania Wozniak

Reviewed 8 July 2014

These are quite hard to find, tucked away in what looks like an office block so I rang reception to get directions but they hung up on me before I could finish my enquiry. A local showed me where the place was and I went to reception to be acknowledged by a surly youth who was clearly the one who’d cut me off on the phone. He was as disinterested as it was possible to be. The reception is a strange affair with the staff on a sort of platform towering above you. I’m six two and could barely put my elbows on the reception desk. I wondered if I’d done something to offend the reception staff but they were just rude, bored and devoid of all customer care skills.
The suite was lovely with a huge open plan living/dining room/kitchen. Very clean and nicely decorated in a minimalist style. I’m afraid I wouldn’t come back though, or recommend the place because of the rudeness of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dumelarra
Sandrine C, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Many thanks for your feedback that I have read with most attention . I am delighted that the apartment and the facilities met with your expectations but was sorry to hear about the poor customer service you did experience . I take those comments very seriously and am really disappointed to hear that we have fallen short on that front. We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service and it is obvious that on that occasion we have not . I will pick this up with the team, and in the meantime, hope that you will accept our apologies . Please feel free to contact me directly on gm@princesstreetsuites.co.uk to discuss further - Best regards- Sandrine

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was surprised as first impression was very good. Then u find the snags. However the overall experience was that the apartment was comfortable and clean. It was large and easy to move around . The kitchen was well equipped, and it was good to be able to cook some nights.
Beds were comfortable and clean.

The location is excellent. It is at the start of Princes near the station , gardens, restaurants, shops, the Royal Mile, Is a short walk and Edinburgh is easy to walk around. There's a grocery store opposite which was reasonably priced and had everything as well as friendly owners.

We also used the spa . The staff were really friendly , however the cost for the massage felt a bit expensive for the surroundings.

The wi if did not work in the rooms . We were told it was supposed to be upgraded but had not happened by the time we left. This was frustrating as could not work in the evening as expected to .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sandrine C, General Manager at Princes Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Princes Street Suites . It is a pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed the overall experience even though you were slightly frustrated by our slow WIFI system. As you know , we are working on the moment and are waiting for the work to be completed with much anticipation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Princes Street Suites - Best regards - Sandrine