“Truly Scrumptious!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: You will find Greyfriars Bobby's Bar in Candlemaker Row Edinburgh within a short stroll of Chambers Street, Grassmarket and George IV Bridge - however you won't find another like it.Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality.Greyfriars Bobby's Bar is one of many rare gems in the Nicholson's collection of great British pubs, reputed for their distinctive buildings, intriguing history and vibrant atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second visit to Greyfriars Bobby. I was so impressed with the food, atmosphere, and service on my first visit, I wanted to bring my husband this time.

We were not disappointed in any way whatsoever. Everything was just as good as it had been on my first visit.

We both had the steak and ale pies, with mash and veggies on the side. The gravy came in a gravy boat, which I thought was a nice touch. I was able to use just the right amount of gravy, without making a mess. Well done!

Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful with beer selections. She was also speedy with the refills and remembered what we had ordered the first time around, (despite having 5 other tables going at the same time as ours!- I was impressed) She was quite friendly as well.

The building itself is historic and has bags of character and a sweet story to go along with it as well. I would definitely recommend Greyfriars Bobby to anyone wanting to get the “flavor” of the history of Old Town Edinburgh, along with a tasty meal served with a smile.

We will definitely be back on our next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you’ve ever had a dog this is the pub for you. You can enjoy a refreshing pint whilst you pause and reflect on what a loyal and good friend your pooch was. From inside this lovely pub you look out at the tiny statue of the most loyal dog of all. And isn’t it so that when we look at a picture of our late friend we are startled at how small they actually were when they seem so large in our memory. Great service at the bar and the patrons were a friendly pack.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Usually places like this are average as they serve tourists so they don’t really care about the service and the food quality as they will never see their customers again. This bar had a great atmosphere and very good food. Ordered fishcakes and regretted that I was too full to have another portion. Would definitely recommend as it’s a great spot :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I chose this place because we had walked by it during the day and we found a lovely typical Scottish pub and restaurant with a wide menu and fair prices (30£ for two, which is what we ended up paying in other local places too). They had special pies (very good) and the food was very good. The staff was super nice and helpful; they had us try a typical beer that we both loved. It's also close to many pubs for an after-dinner beer (many have live music every night).
I recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I popped in here after finishing the Edinburgh half marathon. What a lovely relaxing place to chill out after the run. It was real busy and even though I was travelling alone the staff were excellent in securing a table for me and service was pleasant and timely. The food is very good and price is fair. I did think £9 was a bit pricey for a glass of wine but it is Edinburgh and you get what you pay for. Definitely recommend a visit.