“Sam was superb!”

The Potter Tour
Ranked #38 of 260 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The longest, darkest Harry Potter tour from twice to 4 times longer. We dive deep into JK Rowling's biography to make her shine as a role model & includes more sights & fantastical connections. There's usually a complimentary chocolate frog at the end, depending upon supply (keep it secret from kids, in case of frog failure).
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We did a roughly six hour tour with Sam today and were very happy with it. Sam knows an insane amount about Harry Potter, JK Rowling, and Scottish history, and wove all of them together very well for this tour. There were only four of us, which made it very easy to ask questions and learn what we wanted to know. Sam was dressed in full wizard attire and added a lot of fun elements to the tour to make it more personal, including a fun game at lunch! Word of warning, Sam walks faster than anyone I’ve ever met! So wear good shoes and be prepared to keep up. He also has a pretty heavy accent, that I ended up having to translate for my fiancé haha Overall though, this tour was a lot of fun and a great use of the day. We learned so many things we didn’t know, had a great time, and met some great people! Highly recommend for Potter fans. I do not think it would interest non-Potter fans due to the level of detail and knowledge about the books that is required to follow along.

Sam S, Lesser Mugwump at The Potter Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thanks for the review Jenna. Yes I've started telling folk that, that someone in the party needs to have the read the books for the 5ish hour tour, too much detail about things they don't know about otherwise. I'll be using your quote in a website overhaul next year, saves me having to assert it.

I've been down to Alnwick Castle last month for their infamous Madam Hooch broomstick lessons, they were thoroughly enjoyable, so it's an interest to broaden my tours appeal in the long term. Make the shorter ones as good as Alnwick.

Thanks for choosing me and the review, they help a lot.
x

"life"
"stories"

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Our tour guide was very descriptive-just right for leading the tour! He had loads of knowledge about history-of both Muggle and Wizarding World! He led us deftly through the streets of Edinburgh and in and out of museums (even for some ice cream!) and showed us so many high points! It was great!

Samuel S, Lesser Mugwump at The Potter Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thanks Siobhan, I'm so pleased you enjoyed it, I like that you say I lead deftly, the Floo network is now so clogged with ministry of magic employees visiting to hob-knob foreign witches and wizards at the festival it's essentially unusable. Bloomin' fascists think they own the network.

On the plus side it has the Muggles 'hoovering' day and night which is fun to watch.

Thank you so much for reviewing.

May your beard grow long and bushy and your broomstick fly true.
X