Open today: 10:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Mackenzie Leather

We found Mackenzie Leather while staying in Old Town, Edinburgh. Walking in, we were greeted by the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Navigate53461789027
Brazoria, Texas
Great Service at Mackenzie Leather

A great little shop! I love my new wallet. The craftsmen work right before your eyes. One of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
L3207WMterryc

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
All reviews leather goods beautiful leather leather bags quality leather italian leather shoulder bag beautiful shop skilled craftsmen amazing craftsmanship beautiful products royal mile once in a lifetime well worth a visit briefcase belts workshop workmanship
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2019

I’d been wanting to buy my husband a custom belt for a while and when we stumbled across this wonderful shop just off of the Royal Mile, I knew this was it! Very professional, friendly, and accommodating. These guys are masters of their craft and are fascinating to watch as they work. Truly high-quality goods that stand out in stark contrast to all of the tourist shops nearby.

Maybe next time we go I’ll buy myself a sporran purse...

Date of experience: October 2019
mackenzieleather, General Manager at Mackenzie Leather Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Thank you kindly for your review and look forward to seeing you again for a sporran😊

Reviewed 1 November 2019

We bought gorgeous leather belts for our daughters in this wonderful craftsman shop. The service is great, too!

Date of experience: October 2019

Thank you kindly for your review. Best wishes

Reviewed 29 October 2019

Can't recommend Mackenzie's highly enough. The quality of the leatherwork and the the service alike are second to none.

Date of experience: October 2019
mackenzieleather, Manager at Mackenzie Leather Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2019

Hi,

Thanks again for your review.

Best wishes

Andrew

Reviewed 27 October 2019

Visited the shop a couple of times and had a few long conversations about the colour, leather and internal pockets for my new Gladstone bag. They were very helpful and patient, and with a few little extras the end result is better than I expected. A first class service.

I knew the shop when it was in Victoria St, where I got my officers briefcase about 15 years ago (still in perfect condition). Glad to have re-found them since they moved to St Mary's St.

Date of experience: October 2019

Thank you kindly for your review and delighted you found us again. Best wishes

Reviewed 25 October 2019

My bag, a black Italian leather duffle, I purchased in 2013 and took home to Canberra Australia
I find the back pack and shoulder straps so versitile and I use the bag constantly.
The climate is hot and dry so i brought it back on my current trip to Edinburgh for Simon to give it some TLC
Now he has this wonderful shop and I fell in love with my new bag. A larger purple leather duffle with green lining
I also bought the leather feed so I can take better care at home
Love my bags
Christine

Date of experience: October 2019
mackenzieleather, Owner at Mackenzie Leather Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2019

Hi Christine

Thank you very much for your review and it was a delight to see you and your bag again. Best wishes and until the next time.

Simon