“Mango Margaritas!!!”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Miro's is small unique restaurant in the heart of Edinburgh with a great atmosphere and a brilliant reputation amongst local Mexican food lovers.

I had phoned the evening before to reserve a table and when we arrived we had a great table in the window. The menu is pretty extensive but we decided just to have main courses.....both of us having fajitas, one prawn & one vegy.......and both of us loved the food!

We skipped desert and went straight to margaritas..the Mango one was heavenly!...we did try to get another round in, but they only had a licence until 10pm (boo hiss boo)...which was a wee bit weird?

The couple sitting near us had obviously had a few drinks and were talking quite loudly...but hey they kept us entertained throughout the night with some choice stories about squatting in Japanese toilets ...and I reckon they kept trying to cop a feel of one of the waiters!

So all in all, had a great wee night out here recently... lovely company, great food, very attentive service and free entertainment....... I will definitely be back!

2  Thank TartanSeagull

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I just had a great day in Edinburgh, Miro's provided lunch and dinner. On both occasions I was very impressed. Firstly, a fresh ceviche and a bean taco for lunch were some of the best I've had.

In the evening i had a fish stew with floury tortilla. I must admit it was pretty amazing.

I also have to mention the waitress. So friendly and helpful, buy I forgot to get her name.

I will be coming back soon...

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just back from Miros,s what a great experience . Lovely atmosphere and just the place for an intimate meal. Food was excellent just as expected and served quickly by pleasant helpful staff. Couldn't recommend this place enough. If you want something different and special call in you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on the off chance as we walked by it on a hidden side street.
The food was really very good and totally authentic. Service faultless and it's evidently popular as there was never an empty table for long...one couple even waiting in the street for one to come available. Highly recommended

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband loves Mexican food, me on the other hand not so fussed. However as it was for his birthday I knuckled down and booked having read glowing reviews. I am converted. Wonderful home cooked dinner, service excellent. It's not the biggest place very cosy, and advise book ahead, throughout the evening people were popping in hoping to get a table and having to be turned away. My starter of seafood was so fresh and tasty followed by Monterrey succulent steak and the frozen Margaritas fab. Go again - absolutely