“Thai terrible”

Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Thai terrible”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Just had a Thai curry and the banana in coconut dessert. The 'chicken' curry should be called a Vegetable Curry dusted with Chicken!

Bulked up by loads of veg, sauce like water. No fragrant Thai herbs. I complained and they sent me another out.... This time it was a green curry. How can you have a Thai Green curry with no coriander, no lime leaves, no lemon grass and 'Red' Chilli instead of Green???

I'm in the industry, I've owned restaurants a and outside catering businesses.... I know what I'm taking about when it comes to food and this wasn't good.....Silver Bowl... Stick to Chinese cooking.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Scotlands F

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Food was excellent from here. Very tasty.”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We went here after spending a day out in Edinburgh. My wife had chicken chow mein and I had chicken curry with onions and rice. Both meals were very tasty and plentiful. Only waited about 10 minutes and was served by a young girl who was very pleasant. Great place!

• Visited March 2012
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“Not bad for Edinburgh takeaway”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I usually find the standards of Edinburgh takeaway particularly lower than other cities but I was impressed with Silver Bowl.
My meal arrived quickly (within 1/2 hour of ordering online), prices are cheaper than other local takeaways and food was fine (if a little on the salty side).
I would eat here again.

• Visited February 2012
“Terrible”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

So disappointed, just had the worst Chinese I've had in a long time. Asked for a mild chicken curry and was given a watered down meal which tasted awful. Ordered BBQ spare ribs as well and they were terrible, just plain meatless ribs with horrible BBQ poured over them. Such a shame as it would have been my new local but would never go back after this meal. :-(

2 Thank Marklynell
ORKNEY
“The best Chinese take away in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Excellent delivery service. Food always great and really good value.

• Visited September 2011