“No Criticism Here!”

The Rendezvous Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rendezvous Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #841 of 2,864 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We checked online for a Chinese restaurant near the tram in Edinburgh. It is a good job that we read a review first as the foyer was certainly not inviting. I think it said they opened in 1950's. It looked like it hadn't changed much. Up the stairs we went. Food was lovely, service sensitive and good. I ordered food that was vegan and it was just as spicy and flavoursome as a non vegan dish, so 10 out if 10! Very happy.

The rest of the family loved it too.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank TheVeganLady

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I went to Rendezvous on a short break to Edinburgh with my husband and children, age 7 and 9. I couldn't fault it, choice was as you would expect, service was prompt and attentive, food was fantastic, a good time was had by all.

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We have been coming here for years and we also use it for carry outs. We had dinner with friends at the weekend and I realised that I had never reviewed it. There were 7 of us in the party. The place was packed. The service was excellent and they made sure that the dishes kept coming. Everything fresh and hot and served when ready.

Our favourites are the Lemon Chicken, Crispy Beef, Aromatic Duck, Crispy Greens, Hot and Sour soup (a must!) and my wife loves the Prawn with Spring Onion and Ginger. She is slightly wheat intolerant and has suffered in the past after eating here. We had never thought to speak to the staff about it before. No problem they said. They did the dish and the rice without soy sauce and as well as tasting superb, there were no after effects.

Well done to all of the staff.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank iainm638
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times with my partner and with friends. Service is prompt and never had a long wait for food. Food has always been delicious and they can cater for gluten free and are helpful as to what can be made gluten free. Restaurant clean. At times during last visit which was a saturday, we felt a bit rushed as the waiter seemed to keep coming over. But we had a bottle of wine to finish. This may have been as it was a busy saturday night that they were eager to free the table for somebody else. Never the less, good quality chinese food which has never disappointed me.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank ACW04
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with some friends and we were amazed with the beautiful atmosphere and the fantastic food. There were plenty of different dishes to chose, so everyone picked something and we shared. Everything was tasteful and well cooked. Would definately go back.

Date of visit: March 2017