“Good food, great value.”

The Jolly Restaurant
Ranked #670 of 2,597 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Leith
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Visited this restaurant with my mum and my girlfriend. I've been coming to this restaurant for years and it was great to see the place as good as ever. Service is always friendly to the max and prompt without being pushy. We shared a garlic pizza bread and for mains we had two pizzas and a risotto. We all couldn't resist pudding so had two strawberry mousse cheesecakes and a lemon sorbet. The food was delicious and we would definitely be coming back. All of the food plus soft drink came to £44 - what great value!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went with my 10 year old son. Arrived just after 6pm. Had a garlic bread starter, didn't get our main course until after 7pm, and then had to wait a further 40 minutes for dessert! Sat with our dirty plates in front of us for 25 minutes by which time we were getting really worried as were there pre-theater for a performance that started at 8. 2 hours should have been plenty of time, but just made theatre by skin of our teeth. 3 staff for a restaurant that must have had about 60 covers and was busy. Not good enough. And whoever told you that tinned peas and a side salad were appropriate to accompany a steak were very wrong.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Had a birthday meal with my wife,son and his girlfriend,first time visiting not very impressed with restaurant,feel too many tables crammed into small place not enough staff to cope with a full restaurant.very loud and uncomfortable every time waiter served the table next and behind me it was bumped about,service was poor over 3/4 hour to get served ,place very tired and needing revamped.won't reccomend the place.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Food was fairly average don'd think I would rush back. I went in a big group so this may have effected the service.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Pre theatre menu is excellent value. Huge platefuls and wide range of choices. Despite being packed, service was fast and friendly. Couldn't fault it in any way.