“Great steaks!”

The McKirdy's Steakhouse
Ranked #226 of 2,599 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited McKirdy's after a recommendation as the place to visit if I wanted a great steak. I ordered the rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly, melt in the mouth and has made me return! Friendly staff, good quality food for a reasonable price. My new favourite steak house in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel. We also looked at the trip advisor reviews, which all seemed really positive, and so thought we would try it for dinner. We were so glad we did. We were a group of 6 and the service and food was fantastic. I had the chicken, chorizo and black sausage and it was excellent. The portions were good sizes and we all had good meals. I would thoroughly recommend this as a place to eat.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Found this just round from the premier inn we where staying at and what a gem!! Fantastic ribs and burgers and really friendly staff! Thanks :)

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This is really a gem. Food was cooked to a very high standard; The staff were very friendly and professional. Don't walk past! Go in there will be someting for your taste.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were delighted to dine here.We didnt have a booking but the friendly staff said they could fit us in at half 9 if nothing else came free.They asked us to go for a drink and if anything changed they would go and find us.They came across the road half an hour later and took us in for a superb meal which we really enjoyed.Excellent service from the staff also.Well done and we would definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves their steak