“Great food”

The McKirdy's Steakhouse
Ranked #300 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food slightly dated appearance but can't fault food or service
Going again in two weeks book well in advance always busy

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

After a week of traveling in Scotland and not finding an option of lamb chops for dinner, we came across McKirdy's. The chops were prepared nicely and quite a large portion. My son had the black and blue burger which he enjoyed also. Good value and convenient location. Definitely wound eat there again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited McKirdy's after a recommendation as the place to visit if I wanted a great steak. I ordered the rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly, melt in the mouth and has made me return! Friendly staff, good quality food for a reasonable price. My new favourite steak house in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel. We also looked at the trip advisor reviews, which all seemed really positive, and so thought we would try it for dinner. We were so glad we did. We were a group of 6 and the service and food was fantastic. I had the chicken, chorizo and black sausage and it was excellent. The portions were good sizes and we all had good meals. I would thoroughly recommend this as a place to eat.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Found this just round from the premier inn we where staying at and what a gem!! Fantastic ribs and burgers and really friendly staff! Thanks :)