“Great little place”

Dining options: Breakfast
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great little place”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Lovely coffee, brilliant brownie, excellent service with a smile good value and nice easy going atmosphere in the cafe. I'll be back. And next time will try the huge range for lunch.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Clairmelville

edinburgh
“My 2nd home!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Working from home lends itself to a bit of cabin fever at times - so I try and get out as much as possible! Embo Delicatessan is my fail-safe option, within walking distance from my home and it catches the sun around lunchtime .... so on many a sunny day you will find me enjoying some sheltered rays on their balcony!

The owner always greets me with a huge smile, hence I feel a strong loyalty to this hidden gem...I'm not the only one, as the place is always buzzing with a loyal following. I would highly recommend the Halloumi salad... delicious!

Definitely worth stopping by - shame not open on a Sunday, would be a great brunch spot.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank jenninscotland
Scotland
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were looking for somewhere to stop for lunch as we walked down Leith Walk recently and we were attracted to Embo as there was a table for two outside and it was a beautiful sunny and warm April day.
We had the most delicious pea, coriander and chilli soup with a mexican chicken wrap and spent our time enjoying the sun and watching the world go by.
We had hoped to return during our visit but unfortunately next morning was freezing cold with heavy rain and the following day it snowed.
This was a cafe we won't forget and will return to again (weather permitting).

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank ScfamilyAberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great wee cafe”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

had a great lunch stop here, very tasty wraps freshly made, good cakes, good coffee and all at good prices. Plenty newspapers and nice atmosphere - well worth calling in. Will definitely be back and will recommend without hesitation.

Visited August 2011