“Little taste of perfection”
Review of Papilio Restaurant

Papilio Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 2,639 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$14 - US$49
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bruntsfield
Description: Family run Italian Restaurant since June 2004, serving a wide range of excellent Italian dishes. Children welcome (kid's portions) and Gluten Free Pasta available.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My partner took me here as a recommendation from his boss at work. We both didn't know what to expect. Upon arriving, service & appreciation was evident. Both Moses & All we're present at our table, making our experience a little more personal! We both shared a starter - which was the Prawns wrapped in smoked salmon with seafood sauce drizzled over the top, it was quite simply delightful! Food great, service perfect, clean restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. We would 100% highly recommend & we will certainly be back very soon. See you soon Moses, Amy & Stevie :)

1  Thank Verdigo2014

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The restaurant is a true gem in the heart of Bruntsfield. we have eaten both at lunch time and in the evening and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the staff always friendly and helpful and the value for money is superb. i would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant in the highest possible terms.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently had dinner with a group of friends at this restaurant and to be honest I was sorely disappointed!! I had the basic Spaghetti Bolognese with added meatballs ~ the pasta was stodgy and meatballs were hard as rock...!! My wife tried the seafood special.. basically small prawns!! Check out the prices on the menu, honestly not cheap, you can definitely do better in Edinburgh with other Italian restaurants offering better quality food at the same if not cheaper cost. The ice cream were tasteless and hard as rock!!

C'mon, I couldn't believe some of the rave reviews on this restaurant. Each to their own I suppose but for me, it was a total letdown!!

1  Thank 133Dave
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We've lived in Bruntsfield for the last 5 years and we just can't fault Papilio, numerous other restaurants (Italian and otherwise!) have come and gone in the area but it remains a favourite with the locals.

Every time we've been in the staff are warm, friendly, welcoming and entertaining and the service has been prompt and we've felt very looked after. The menu offers a good selection, the food has always been great when we've visited as well as very reasonably priced and the atmosphere is lovely (it's often pretty busy, even on a Monday night as with our most recent visit so probably best to book if you have a specific date or time in mind to visit!).

1  Thank tms99
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Had a stop in during our Edinborough vacation. Had tried some other Italian places in the area. This was the best. Mussels in cheese sauce were out of this world. I just wanted some comfort food so got the calzone. Perfect and lots of it. Teenage grandson ate half plus his pasta dish. Service and Menue was superb. Go here if you can.