“Waited 25 mins for a Simple Toasted Sandwich”
Review of Cowan and Sons

Cowan and Sons
Ranked #1,592 of 2,784 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Reviewed 22 June 2018

A really nice coffee using 'real' chocolate on top of the cappuccino. We waited 25 mins for a simple toasted sandwich to arrive, with no explanation, this was too long. The cafe was full, noisy and not helped by playing very loud music, it was like eating next to a pneumatic drill. Maybe OK for coffee and cake when it is quiet but I won't be going out of my way to go back

1  Thank Peter M

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Great coffee (cappuccino with dark chocolate shavings on top instead of powder. YES). Best poached eggs on sourdough I’ve ever had. Not said lightly, as I’m an addict. Also, good music - not to be underestimated. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Didn't really enjoy the Viking theme. Studied it in p3 so kinda tired of it. It's like, I get it was so long ago, I should probably brush up but not whist I'm eating. Like i don't want an axe for a knife. Tbf gotta give them props for accuracy (well from what I learnt). Oh wait, Cowan and sons? Wrong place nm

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, with a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Feels like a small cafe in Berkeley - California.
Two danes Very satisfied.
Prices are Very cheap and food had lots of flavor.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Popped in after work today with my wife for some Kaffee and Kuchen and the selection of cakes was fairly limited. We both decided to go for the carrot cake which was a bit dry and had that end of day feeling about it. On the plus side my coffee was very nice.
Overall I would say the place flatters to deceive and say it was average at best, also the staff looked as if they wanted to close up at the end of the day.