“Burgers, Pizzas & Hot Dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sygn

Sygn
Reserve with OpenTable
Sygn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #557 of 2,448 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Bar, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Cocktail bar of the year 2015 with an equally as good food offering with fantastic burgers and pizza. Friday and Saturday night we dim down the lights and the DJ turns up the music.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burgers, Pizzas & Hot Dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Don't let the title fool you, it is not your typical fast food. I had a delicious steak and cheese burger and my wife had a crayfish pizza. All the food was well made and it was the little changes - like a brioche bun for the burger that raised up the quality.

1 Thank FoodEnvy2013

Edinburgh
“Just a perfect lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My relationship with Sygn goes way back to when it first opened. It would be fair to say that I'm a fan. Strange that I've never written a review for it before though.

Yesterday, my wife and I, popped in for lunch and it really was the best lunch I've had in there. If you've read any of my other reviews you will see that I don'y shy away from a burger. I'm often disappointed and that's due comparing it to places like Sygn. Here you are given a real, homemade, rustic and patty in a quality bun with rocket, pickles, bacon and mayo. We ordered onion rings and chilli-slaw on the side. The slaw was the best I've ever tasted. We couldn't help but keep enthusing how much we were enjoying our lunch. My wife had some home made ginger beer and I enjoyed 2 Havana Banana cocktails.

It was one of those days when everything was bang on, already looking forward to doing it all again very soon.

1 Thank Martin K
“Zero customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just had to walk out Bar Sygn due to lack of service. Stood 5 minutes at an empty bar as we arrived waiting to be acknowledged and served, while one waitress was running around like a headless chicken trying to serve all the tables. When the barman finally arrived we were asked to take a table. Waited 10 minutes and still no menu or drink offered to us. Heard the solo waitress apologise to 2 tables for their wait to take their order. At that point we got up and left, walked across the road to The Huxley, got immediate service, complimentary water and menus brought straight to table and excellent food and service with a smile. Don't waste your time or money here and try The Huxley.

“All round disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Came in with the other half last weekend, using the pizza and cocktail voucher we pre purchased:

The good: nice mix of music and the cocktails tasted delicious albeit a bit dull on the eye. The decor was also nice and bright and the tables well spaced apart.

The bad: Our server was way below par. Cocktails ordered after the pizzas had arrived, took an age to get her attention and just a general lack of basic floor skills. I'm sorry guys, but the pizza wasn't the best and certainly not gourmet. One of the barman was friendly enough but the other, in my opinion, was quite passive.

Sadly, I won't be returning based on the above reasons.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rollingcrock
Edinburgh
“DISAPPOINTING QUALITY FROM A FAN”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have written a few reviews about Sygn and they have all been positive but I was there yesterday and to be honest it was very disappointing. My wife and I both ordered the roast chicken, crispy pancetta & sweet red peppers pizza and boy was it disappointing. Why you might ask? well for the first time ever in any restaurant I received my chicken pizza with brown chicken meat... surely restaurants should not be using brown chicken meat which comes from the less savory parts of a chicken, surely you should be getting white chicken breast especially on a pizza that costs £9.50. Yes we were on a deal, but that is not the point lets not scrimp on the produce and stop using the cheap cuts of chicken. I also had a piece of knuckle from the pizza which confirms that they are not using chicken breast. Come on guys I have reviewed your pizza and burgers before and the y have been great, I hope this is just a minor blip otherwise its back to Pizza Express for me.

• Visited September 2013