“Dave is the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh Darkside Walking Tour: Mysteries, Murder and Legends
Ranked #1 of 211 Nightlife in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours leave at 11am and 2pm everyday from the Royal Mile near the Tron Kirk. For information about additional summer times and other tours please visit our website using the link above.Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are committed to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Edinburgh as their home. By ensuring that every guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Liege
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dave is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Dave made our visit of Edinburgh unique and joyfull! The guy is very kind and have a wonderful way to tell interesting/bloody/funny stories about the city. Highly recommended !

Visited August 2014

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Paulina is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been on Sandemans tours all over Europe and they have all been great but the walking tour today in Edinburgh was the best one I have ever been on. Paulina has the perfect balance of history and comedy that every walking tour needs. Like the title says, Paulina was great and I can not recommend this tour enough.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DanHaseltine
Trento, Italy
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good job, Ben! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I've visited a lot of cities and I've met some guides but the experience I had in Edinburgh was one of the best! Enthusiasm, precision, knowledge, a song of ice and fire.. I recommend this free tour to everybody!

2 Thank elecolpo
Hamburg, Germany
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice Edinburgh tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

It's a really great thing to do. You see all the main sights and also here some stories to them, so you get a little background to everything you see and to the (beuatiful) city and scotland itself! And I really liked the idea of paying in the end whatever the tour was worth for you, so you won't get disappointed about what you get for your money, but you can decide for yourself. Had a really nice and funny guide (David).
Also did a Pub Crawl with them and had an amazing time there! And you could come again and again for the rest of the year without paying again. Met some nice people, really recommend both, the free tour and the pub crawl!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Neele B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Look for Jonny, best tour guide ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Digesting Scotland's history has never been that fun and interesting, thanks to Jonny's colorful and playful storytelling. I've been to a lot of walking tours, but he is definitely the best tour guide for me. He will make you love Edinburgh. I want to go back to try the dark side tour next time!

Visited July 2014