“Lovely lunch with friends”
Review of B'est Restaurant

B'est Restaurant
Ranked #1,595 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: This quirky establishment in Edinburgh has a hip, East Village vibe. With its vivid blue exterior, exposed brick walls and vintage wooden furniture – B'est Restaurant has a light and airy bistro atmosphere and is well-known for its imaginative menu produced using locally-sourced, fresh and seasonal ingredients. Signature dishes belie both a rustic French and classic British influence, and B'est specialties include the roast breast of duck served with pak choi and a chilli and orange jus; grilled salmon fillet on a bed of creamed leeks and shallots; and the summer vegetable and truffle oil risotto. Always buzzing with a chic crowd, B'est Restaurant is perfect for intimate parties and relaxed meals with friends.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch with friends”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Cheap and cheerful with surprisingly good food. Had such a nice lunch we are going back for a 'Faulty Towers' meal/show during the Edinburgh festival in August.

Visited July 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Value Lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with my boyfriend eating from the lunch special menu, £7.80 for two courses. As we were not that hungry we chose to eat a starter and dessert. The staff were very polite, friendly, and very generous with portions. I had the chicken goujons and my boyfriend had fish cakes we shared a portion of chips, the two things that were not Italian but something we were in the mood for. We finished with a lemin and raspberry sorbet which were delicious! Would go back to eat them alone!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“B'est By Name B'est Indeed”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Took my eldest daughter here for her Graduation meal as it was open at 17.00 it saved waiting as most other restaurants opened later for business.
We skipped starters apart from the hot bread that arrived and moved swiftly on to the main course myself and my partner both had Sirloin Steak cooked to perfection I like mine medium rare and that is exactly what I got polished off the lot. My partner had her steak well done and apart from the touch of fat she also finished it. My daughter had the duck the chef even came out and asked her personally how she required it cooked and his recommendation which she followed. For desert two of us had sticky toffee pudding with ice cream while the other had ice cream sorbet glad we kept space for it as it was delicious. With a bottle of white wine and two juice the bill was under £80 well worth it and I will return

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank colin601
edinburgh
“never dissapointed”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Is been a wile since last visit and we just spotted a deal offer on Groupon. We knew that will be great, but we've also seen a recent review of a upset customer. We are glad that we didn't fallow his advise. All 4 of us had states and they were truly amazing. Nicely cook Sirloin of Beef and I can assure everybody that the meat was very tender. We also decided to have a starter wile we waiting for our stakes to be cooked, the fish cake and the garlic mushroom with leeks and goats cheese they were very tasty and well presented. The service was in very professional manner from the 2 waiters on that night. I strongly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank tidehard
Newton Stewart, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable again”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Been here several times over the years, this time without a Groupon deal. Good value and handy for the theatre.

• Visited March 2014