“More than we expected”

Neighbourhood: Old Town
New Jersey
“More than we expected”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

While visiting in Edinburgh and after a long day walking up and down the Royal Mile (love it), we were looking for a lighter meal and wandered in to the Radisson after checking out the restaurant menu. The Tattoo having just ended, it was quiet in the bar/restaurant and we were seated quickly and ordered the calamari starter and the ribs starter. Both were just delicious and really hit the spot. The server was attentive and friendly. We were well-pleased with our meal at Itchycoo.

• Visited August 2013

“Ignored - staff need trained in customer service or any service”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Staying at the hotel. Emailed in advance to make a reservation that was ignored. Went to the bar at 5pm to share a bottle of wine and sat at the bar for 10 mins begin ignored by all staff behind it however they did service a few of their existing customers. Eventually I asked a girl who was clearing tables and he helped however the overall oppression as already made.

• Visited August 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
“I did go back”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I wrote a stinking review of this bar back in feb after some of the worst service I have ever had. I said then I wouldn't be back but decided to give it aother go as it was nearest to the restaurant we were going to be eating at.
I have to say it was a vast improvement, the lovely Karen served us, she said she had just started in the bar after being on breakfasts. She was superb, excellent service and a lovely mojito, I will be back.

Visited June 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Prosecco afternoon tea”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This was my first time in the hotel/restaurant and I was very pleased with my experience! I had a voucher for afternoon tea for 2, this included tea/coffee for 2 but we swapped this for hot chocolate and peppermint tea with no hesitation or fuss from the staff. We were able to choose where we would like to sit which was handy as my friend had her newborn baby with her and we needed a bit more room for the pram etc. The food was delicious, cakes were amazing and the staff were very attentive to make sure we were happy with everything at every stage. Would definitely recommend!

• Visited March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

A nice little bar with an attractive tapas style menu to pick and mix from and a standard list of larger mains. We picked seafood and veggie tapas and were very pleased with the seafood selection and delicious mushrooms iwith blue cheese topping. we finished with a sublime desert of brandy snap baskets filled with lemon and pineapple cream and garnished with fresh raspberries and a cube of real honeycomb. Perfect service from a charming young australian guy.

• Visited March 2013