“Ideal Location, could not have done more to make us feel welcome.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Hillside Crescent

Two Hillside Crescent
Ranked #47 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Birmingham
“Ideal Location, could not have done more to make us feel welcome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

Well my husband and I spent our brief honeymoon in Edinburgh and stayed at 2 Hillside which had been recommended by my sister. It was absolutley wonderful. A beautfiul house lovingly restored which felt very comfortable, very spacious.

We were offered fresh tea and coffee on arrival, tea and coffee facilities are provided in the rooms but you are told on arrival that should you ever wish for fresh tea or coffee then you simply need to call and ask for it (no extra cost) thisd comes with homemade shortbread.

There are no "designer" guests here, everyone has chosen this hotel becuase it is so well located (just next to Calton Hill, 5 min walk from the Balmoral) it is exceptional value for the luxury bedrooms and the breakfast is delicious.

Should we ever go back to Edinburgh we would only consider the Hillside Crescent.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

Exceptional b&b in a good location. Excellent breakfast with great attention to detail. Perfection could be achieved if the coffee in the room was fresh (even coffee bags would be acceptable) and also if fresh milk ( in a flask) could be provided.
Our host, whilst friendly, seemed a little disinterested at times - perhaps she was distracted by the other more 'designer' type guests. Apart from that, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brentwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

I have been a bit tardy with my review as i stayed at this place over new years. However what more can i say that hasnt been said, this place is amazing. The host was brilliant, the food tasty, the location good and the rooms, oh the rooms. Wow!! Huge, luxurious, comfortable. Honestly, forget the best b and b i have ever stayed in, this is the best accomodation i have stayed in full stop. Expensive? A little. Worth it? Every penny

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

I booked Two Hillside Crescent as a surprise weekend away for my boyfriends 30th birthday, and what a surprise this B&B is! It is in the perfect location and the hotel is absolutely beautiful, the staff are amazing very friendly and more than helpful with any of your needs. One evening on our return to the hotel after a long day exploring Edinburgh even though it was late it was no trouble for Elaine to take the time out to welcome us back and make us an amazing cup of tea for us which she brought to our room.The room we stayed in was beautiful and so was the breakfast.

This B&B is a must and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hantom1000
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

I've never felt compelled to leave a review before but in this case I have to. Simply put, this is the best B&B I've stayed in. Gorgeous room, friendly helpful host, delicious breakfast. Enough said. Gary A.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonGSA
Northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2010

I stayed in two Hillside Crescent for 2 nights at the end of january with my partner. This is my second stay there and it was every bit as wonderful this time round. It is simply impossible not to be impressed as soon as you walk in the door. The ceiling seems to be miles above with a beautiful wrought iron banister winding up three floors. The rooms are massive with floor to ceiling windows.We stayed in room 2 on the first floor which was spacious , elegant and stylish. The bed is without doubt the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!. The bathroom was huge and the heated floors are simply bliss. There is no doubt that every inch of this house has been decorated and planned with a meticulous eye for detail and Elaine is a truly superb host. She made us feel very much at home and went out of her way to be helpful, nothing is too much trouble.. Her breakfasts are fantastic with lovely home made soda bread and and the tastiest scrambled eggs.
The house is situated a few minutes walk from the city centre and is in a very stylish area surrounded by a any amount of quaint little bars and restaurants. There is nothing to be improved on here and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbsdonut
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Just back from nine nights at Two Hillside Crescent, joined by my daughter and son in law who stayed for four nights. Son in law is a quality engineer and he tells me it's not good to give perfect ratings as they don't provide feedback for improvement.
In this case, I honestly don't know what could be improved. Immaculate, historic (every morning as I opened the shutters on our nearly floor to ceiling windows I felt like I was in a Jane Austen novel), tastefully updated with modern bathroom fixtures and flat screen tv, convenient, warm, friendly.
My husband has early onset Alzheimer's and Elaine went out of her way to insure that our stay was comfortable and our special needs were met. At the end of our days visiting family in town, I still felt like I was home when we got back to our room and the wonderful bed.
We have traveled all over Europe and almost always stay in B&Bs; this may be the nicest of all.
I agree with the reviewer who said she hates to rave so as Two Hillside will be booked when we try to return. We will return.
And .. be sure to eat at the Thai restaurant two doors away and at Vittoria's on Leith Walk.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family