“Poor service despite few customers”
Review of Metro West End

Metro West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Metro West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,643 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$52
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: In the heart of the Haymarket area of Edinburgh, the Metro West End Restaurant and Bar is just a stone’s throw away from the city centre. The restaurant and bar offers quiet, informal dining in a relaxed atmosphere to both hotel guests and visitors alike. Metro West End is friendly and welcoming, with the modern colours and shapes adding to the contemporary feel that is offered by the fresh food on both the bar and restaurant menus. The food is both traditional in the form of a Taste of Scotland menu offering many Scottish favourites and meets more contemporary tastes throughout the al a carte menu that contains world-wide influences.
London, United Kingdom
“Poor service despite few customers”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business June 1012. Decided to have dinner because Apex gave me a voucher to redeem. Disappointed the menu was very limited compared to their website. Had ribs for starter, seabass for main. No accompanied vegetable. The ribs was very fatty but did enjoyed the seabass. Waited for the waitress to ask me for my dessert which never came, hence I asked for the bill instead. Please train your waitress.

edinburgh
“Needs to pull its Edinburgh socks up”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I used to eat here a lot as it is near my work. The food was always excellent and the service good if a little quirky. However there seems to have been a change in emphasis or chef and I am now more likely to be disappointed by the meal. The Scottish menu is more than a bit boring. I have never seen Stovies on a restaurant menu before. Ate there recently with 5 friends and the Stovies looked a bit grey, not appetising. Annoying to have to order vegetables separately but they did replace my salad with veg at no extra cost.Restaurant undergoing renovation. We were only table in and there were 3 waiters working and we still did not get quick service. I am hoping that when renovations finished that this place will sort itself out as it was always a little gem. if the plan is to go down market then it also needs to reduce its prices.The bar menu is not cheap. Some places you can get 3 courses for price of a burger here. Good disabled toilet

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank scotconnect
Larbert, United Kingdom
“Good post match value”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I used to eat in the Skerries after a rugby match at Murrayfield but looked for a cheaper alternative.

I booked here once before but was called on the day of the booking as they had to cancel (there was an event that they had forgotten about).

We arrived about an hour early for our booking (sometimes its hard to guess how long it will take to walk from the stadium) but they allowed us to have our meal as we arrived.

We ordered from the fixed menu which was limited but good. There's also a small bar - an ideal haven away from the post match madness at the more popular bars (the Apex fences of most entrances and you have to ask permission to get in on match days).

Visited February 2012