“Top class meal”
Review of Metro West End

Metro West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Metro West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,523 of 2,653 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$53
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: In the heart of the Haymarket area of Edinburgh, the Metro West End Restaurant and Bar is just a stone’s throw away from the city centre. The restaurant and bar offers quiet, informal dining in a relaxed atmosphere to both hotel guests and visitors alike. Metro West End is friendly and welcoming, with the modern colours and shapes adding to the contemporary feel that is offered by the fresh food on both the bar and restaurant menus. The food is both traditional in the form of a Taste of Scotland menu offering many Scottish favourites and meets more contemporary tastes throughout the al a carte menu that contains world-wide influences.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We found this restaurant by chance and we were really pleased we did! The food was first class as was the service! The staff were fab with the kids and we got to enjoy the beautiful meal in peace! We would recommend the salmon and the steak as well as the starters ribs and goats cheese! Best meal I've had for a long time!

1  Thank Clairetravel2013
AdamGray1, Manager at Metro West End, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Metro West End. It was extremely pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your food. The ribs are also one of my favourites, good choice!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stopped off for a drink on our way to Murrayfield on Saturday afternoon - the Metro West End had set up a bar in a room behind the restaurant which was buzzing with thirsty supporters - this was really well managed and we decided to stop in on our return from the match.
We arrived about 2030 by this time we decided to eat - the service was good , the place was really busy but the staff were calm and in control throughout. I had a trio of venison sausages and my wife some fish - the portions were good size and everything tasty. The drinks were a little on the pricey side , however we had to drown our sorrows somewhere after another loss for Scotland at Murrayfield.

We will be back _ thank you.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding your recent visit to Metro West End. Our restaurant is always popular during the rugby matches and i am pleased that you were able to join the amazing atmosphere that is created by all our guests. It is good to read that the enjoyable setting in the bar entised you to come back for dinner and that you weren't disappointed. Thank you for the kind review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Metro West End suring the next rugby match, if not before.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Excellent meal and service after a long day on the road.
Food was cooked perfectly and we would definitely eat there again
Staff very attentive and friendly

AdamGray1, Manager at Metro West End, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Steve

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Metro West End. I was pleased to read that we were the perfect way for you to relax after a long day travelling and that everything was too your liking. Our staff make the restaurant what it is, and I am pleased that you acknowledged this. I will pass on your comments to the staff who are always pleased to hear about guests experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was the closet to our hotel so nipped in on the off chance, very pleasant decor and setting. Food was good and hot, service was excellent and very reasonably priced as well.

Dear Steve,

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent visit to us and it was convenient for you in terms of location in relation to your nearby hotel.
I hope if you visit Edinburgh in the future, that you will pop in and visit us again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We're staying nearby and I found this restaurant in an internet search. It advertised a two or three course "early" menu up to 6.30pm which sounded nice and good value, but we were only offered the a la carte or "Taste of Scotland" at 5.30pm. While this wasn't a big deal, this sort of thing always makes me wonder about a place. The choice of a la carte starters was quite limited, so we just had main courses which were nicely cooked and arrived promptly. The service was pleasant and courteous, however there is nothing about this restaurant that would prompt the comment "worth the detour".

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Metro West End. Guest feedback is important to me as we look to continuously improve out customer service and menu selections.
It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the food when it arrived promptly to your table.

The "eat early menu" you mentioned is in fact the "taste of Scotland" but it is offered at a reduced price.
I would be happy to explain this in more detail for any future visits if you wish. Please contact me adam.gray@apexhotels.co.uk