My husband and I stayed in April 2011 for 1 night before a 3 day tour of Scotland and 2 post nights after our tour. We chose them after lots of research online and thought we got the best rate for a hotel room directly through the Fraser Suites website. (We picked them because of the close proximity to Waverly Train Station and the Royal Mile, as well as previous trip advisor reviews)
The rooms were a great size, clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and great size. On our post night stay the towel warmer wasn't working in the suite but not a big deal for us! A big bonus for us was the onsite free laundry availble to guests.
However I was not impressed that although I had to pay in full for the suite at the front desk at the end of my stay the posted price in the window was considerably cheaper than my "best rate guaranteed" price I paid on line. When I asked why I wasn't getting the cheaper rate posted on the window instead of the price that was given when I booked online the front desk since I was paying right now for our stay, the front desk clerk informed me the website is not owned by Fraser Suite but owned by another company, thus I had to pay the reserved rate online at the time of booking. (We would have saved close to 100 UK pounds for our stay if they had given us the posted price on the window.) I think it is stupid I had to pay the online price when I had to pay for the suite at the front desk and not in full online at time of reservation. I would have cancelled my reservation and just walked in for the best rate but due to the cancellation policy I would have had to pay in full for my reservation anyways.
So best advice I have is if you can stay there it is worth it for great rooms and great location, but walk in if you can for best rate.....or book online and check cancellation policy and see if you can cancel penalty free if you find the window rate better on site!!!
Also on the Fraser Suite website it says there is free airport shuttle service,,,,,,there is not!! You have to pay 20UK pounds per person. Which is a lot considering my husband and I caught the airport shuttle bus across from Waverly Train Station for 7 UK pounds each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the Royal Mile and near Edinburgh Castle, this boutique hotel boasts luxurious rooms, a gym and a restaurant. There are superb views across Princes Street Gardens. Fraser Suites Edinburgh features designer furniture, iPod docking stations and LCD flat-screen TVs. Luxurious bathrooms have rainfall showers, and the kitchenettes offer a microwave and refrigerator. The Broadsheet Bistro serves breakfast. Dating back to the 1800s, the historic building features bespoke art from the Edinburgh College of Art. Staff at Fraser Suites are friendly and welcoming ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fraser Suites Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Scotland