Booked a Executive Suite, as brochure promised "Large and spacious suite, stunning views, period features, additional lounging area with bathrobes and slippers"
Large and Spacious - TICK. Unfortunately the view was neither stunning - it was looking into the Judiciary building next door and there were no bathrobes or slippers; have to wonder if I got the room I ordered in the first place :?
I even asked the receptionist for a high room (thinking it may be quieter from road) and a good view. She had already got the room selected before we arrived, so I assumed it was a good one, but it could have been better - room was 504 by the way.
Anyway, other than that the room itself was excellent, two flatscreen TV's (one in bedroom and one in lounge) and the period features, fit and finish was top notch (very nice high ceilings and lush curtains).
I would definitely go again, but would INSIST on the view, as so many others have raved about it - I feel slightly short changed over this, as I spent a considerable amount of time in the room, so it meant a great deal to me.
As for amenities, gym = good, but there is no bar to speak of, which is a shame, although there are SO MANY bars and pubs nearby, that is probably why.
We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning (they only do breakfast and lunch - no dinner) and it was excellent value - why go to a local cafe when its the same price and metres from your room??
Anyway - I don't mean to put this place down - I really rate this hotel - just ensure you get what was described to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the Royal Mile and near Edinburgh Castle, this boutique hotel boasts luxurious rooms, a gym and a restaurant. There are superb views across Princes Street Gardens. Fraser Suites Edinburgh features designer furniture, iPod docking stations and LCD flat-screen TVs. Luxurious bathrooms have rainfall showers, and the kitchenettes offer a microwave and refrigerator. The Broadsheet Bistro serves breakfast. Dating back to the 1800s, the historic building features bespoke art from the Edinburgh College of Art. Staff at Fraser Suites are friendly and welcoming ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Fraser Suites Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Scotland