Fraser Suites Edinburgh
US$373
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$305
  • Room Service
US$279
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Room Service
US$238
US$221
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$224
US$181
  • Breakfast included
1,787 results
All reviewsroyal milesmall kitchenettegreat locationjunior suitegiles cathedraltrain stationone bedroom apartmentkitchen areaclassic roomprinces street gardenshigh streetreception stafflovely roomcentral locationfringe festivalfew minutes walkcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My boyfriend and I went to this very stylish hotel for the weekend after Valentines day. Upon arrival the staff were exceptionally pleasant and polite. They told us the best places to go as it were our first time in Edinburgh and even recommended restaurants to go for a meal in the evening. They kindly took our bags to our room as we went shopping for the day.
We stayed in the Couyant Suite. It was perfectly clean and tidy with a complementry food and wine basket. The bed was fairly comfy but could of done with another quilt as it got quite chilly later in the night.

The issue was that when we went down to breakfast in the morning the staff were run off there feet. Even though they couldn't do enough for you they were quite slow because there was ony three of them. I asked if it was always this busy and he told me it was because everyone had arrived at the same time. However the hotel should be prepared for this scenario.

Room Tip: The couyant suite was the perfect room for a couple away for the weekend.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blondy_fliss_1992
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your comments. I am pleased to hear that my team provided the assistance required from everyone here at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. I am also happy that you enjoyed the welcome hamper and the quality of one of our named suites.

We always listen to guest comments very carefully, and you will be delighted to hear that we are now in the process of changing the service in the restaurant, amending the layout and the feedback so far is that it has now resulted in a much better experience for our guests - it is still the same high quality ingredients, hot and continental food, but a much quicker and more relaxing environment.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

4 of us came to Edinburgh to celebrate Hogmanay. I thought we had booked a suite ...i.e. 2 bedrooms and living accommodation...as seen on the website. Wrong. When we arived were shown to 2 seperate rooms on the same floor..with en suite shower rooms.

I had requested one twin and one double room. On arrival both were made up as doubles...eventually staff seperated the bed in our room. The single beds were so narrow, my husband and i nearly fell out of them every time we turned over during th night. The pillows were so hard and old we got pins and needles in our ears.

Our room needed renovation and was dirty. The carpets were dirty & stained and surrounds filthy..and had not been vacuumed . The floors in the kitchen area and bathroom needed washing. We told the cleaning staff about this...but they did not speak English..therefore the floors were not washed. There was only one English speaking person at the hotel WHY???. The reception staff were indifferent and not at all friendly. They ignored our requests to have pillows changed and rooms cleaned properly. The breakfast price was too expensive...as we just wanted a continental breakfast...or a bowl of porrige with some fruit..but still had to pay £12.50

There was no heating in our room,and it was cold while we were there!

All in all I would not recommend the Fraser Suites to any one and found the experience very disappointing...especially as we had paid £1090 for 2 rooms for 3 nights!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for sharing your experience, although it is very distressing to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us. I would urge you not to wait two months after departure next time you have major issues during your stay with us - I am on site almost every day and I am happy to resolve any problems immediately.

I would be really grateful if you could contact me directly to clarify a few points you made in your feedback. I am eager to know which website offered a two-bedroom apartment as we do not have anything like that, so it is either misleading or it was written about another property. Also, please let me know which room you stayed in, as our hotel has only been operating for three years, and I am concerned that any of our brand new rooms and suites is in need of renovation as you state in your comments. This is the same with the bedding as they had only been purchased not long before your arrival. Also, I would be very happy if you could send me the receipt of the breakfast charges, we never had a breakfast charge of £12.50 - this might have happened in another hotel during your trip.

I hope you mentioned our high quality bathrooms (ensuite bathrooms) as a positive aspect of the stay as we regularly receive praises for the standard of them.

I apologise if apparently there were housekeeping issues during your stay - it is really disappointing to see when, after the recent great comments, suddenly and strangely a negative old one appears. However, I must stand by my staff as they are hardworking and do have a good command of English, which comes as no surprise as most of them are from the Edinburgh area.

Once again, I am looking forward to receiving your detailed email on zsolt.jakri@frasershospitality.com.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My partner & I have just spent 3 nights at this hotel. We arrived before 9am hoping to leave our luggage, as check in wasn't until 2pm, but were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready. The room itself was clean & facilities were good. The only negative point was that our towels had not been changed after 3 days, but we rang reception, they were most apologetic & sent someone up with clean ones immediatley. Staff were very friendly, and with this central location, I'd definatley stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank fionaw1

Dear fionaw1,

thank you very much for your comments, I am delighted that you found both our rooms and our service of high standard, we take great pride in creating the best possible experience for our guests.

I am a little bit disappointed regarding the issue with your towels and will discuss this matter with my housekeeping team in length. However, it is good to hear that the issue was handled quickly and professionally to your satisfaction.

It is great that this minor blip did not affect your stay, though, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Edinburgh on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I wish all the hotels in Edinburgh had such lovely rooms. We had a great deal and I hope the hotel will always have such offers. I would be more than happy to book it again, also because of the fantastic location. It is a few steps from the Royal Mile.

The receptionist was really nice, and nothing was a problem to her. Such an attitude makes a difference.

I cannot stress enough how nice the room was. It looked as if it had been renovated not a long time ago. It had a kitchenette with a toaster, a microwave, cutlery and some goodies such as hot chocolate, different kinds of tea and coffee. There are also a fridge, an iron and an ironing board in the room.

The bed was really comfortable and the plasma TV in front of it was handy as well. The bathroom is of a really high standard, with fantastic shower options!

When it comes to parking facilities, we were supposed to take a car because the receptionist told us on the phone that the hotel offered a special discount for using a car park nearby. At the end of the day it still worked out quite expensive. What is more, it is next to the Weaverly Train Station. So we decided to take a train.

Overall, I was really impressed by the looks of the hotel, especially the rooms. It is surrounded by other beautiful Scottish buldings, which makes an entire stay in Edinburgh even more special. I would definitely recommend this hotel so that more visitors could identify what standard the Edinburgh hotels should be - especially because there are a lot of people renting awful apartments for Edinburgh festival. And this will have to stop because it gives a bad name to this amazing city. I am grateful for an opportunity to get a good deal online for Fraser Suites and I hope I will visit it again.

Wonderful job with keeping it in a state it is!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for you really positive comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Once again, it is great to hear that our staff provided the service we are famous for and you liked the quality of your room as well. Our rooms and suites are amongst the best in Edinburgh and we keep a close eye on maintaining and keeping them clean.

Our location is just perfect for exploring the city and we are surrounded by some of the most beautiful buildings in Edinburgh, and it is great that you had a special stay with us.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Hotel was good & in a great location. The rooms were nice & service was good as was the food.
The only issue that I have with the hotel was the parking, or the lack of it.! The hotel has no car park & you can't park out front for more than 3hrs, So you have to park your car elsewhere then walk to the hotel which is a bit of a pain.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bedlingt0n
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your very positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were satisfied with the room and the service provided by my staff.

Our location is the very best in Edinburgh, just off the Royal Mile, however, parking may be difficult sometimes. On your next visit, please contact a member of our Front of House team, as we have great deals for a nearby secure car park, and it is only a short walk from and to the hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Edinburgh.