“Lovely Stay”

Ranked #50 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at the Fraser Suites with my boyfriend for one night for my 21st birthday. My first impression was that the hotel was very nice from the outside, in a lovely part of the city and the woman at the reception seemed very helpful. The hotel also upgraded us to a bigger room free of charge as it was my birthday! The room itself was great, very modern and stylish and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and the room was nice and cosy with the heating on. The room also has a small kitchenette which we didn't really need but was nice for a wee cup of tea in the morning. The bathroom was very nice, with nice touches such as a heated towel rack and nice toiletries, although it did take us a while to figure out how to get the shower on. If you're staying at the hotel you can get 25% off at the New Street car park which is a fair walk down the road, but the nice man at the car park gave us 30% off, making it about £12 for 24 hours. Overall I had an amazing stay at this hotel and I can't fault it, was a shame it was only for one night!

Room Tip: Room 615 was lovely
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura O
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Laura O,

thank you very much for your great review! We are delighted that we had the opportunity to have you here on this special occassion and it is fantastic to hear that you had a great birthday with us. We are always very happy to look after guests who are staying with us on their birthdays, wedding and honeymoon and we feel that is when our staff really make the difference.

Thank you for mentioning the amenities and the quality of the room and the finishes, we are very proud of our property and it is very good to know that you found it a good location for your 21st birthday.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Staying at Fraser suites was a real treat. We usually stay at medium budget places and got a great deal for Frasers, which turned out to be one of the most luxurious places Ive stayed at during my 10 years of travel.The rooms were a decent size and very tastefully decorated with attention to detail. The bed and pillows were very comfy - we had a great nights sleep as the room was dark and quiet. Then when it was time to get up and about we were on the Royal mile in a hop and a jump surrounded by all the fun things to do and places to eat and drink in Edinburgh. Would DEFINATELY stay here again and recommend this to anyone who would like to treat themselves.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fraser Suites is right in the historical hart of Edinburgh; quite literally a stone throw away from many of the historical sights such as Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile to name but a few.
A beautiful old building on a quiet side street with views over the city & a great little Bistro adjacent, perfect for Breakfast and reasonably priced ( I think they do evening menu too)
I stayed here with my son visiting the 'University Open Day' and getting a feel for the city.
Unfortunately we had only one night here, staying in a Junior Suite.
The Hotel is very well appointed with all the usual amenities and very friendly & helpful staff.
The Junior Suite had the most stunning windows in all it's rooms as well as a small kitchenette, sofa, coffee table and TV leading on to a beautifully design bedroom with an equally beautiful bathroom Au- suite.
I have to confess we had more than a little difficult with the turning on & off of the 'Beautiful Plumbing' and the 'Stunning Blinds' ...but a call to reception was all that was needed
Loved it !
Gladly stay again!...Particularly for Romantic Weekend! ...Tourist in Edinburgh....Girly Weekend ...or even to visit my son at Uni !

Suggestions I would make to the Hotel - get those over design tabs and drapery looked at and maybe add some bathrobes

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for four nights at the Fraser Suites and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was extremely comfortable with a nice view of the New Town. We had a junior suite and the small sitting area was a great place to relax. We were right off the Royal Mile, so the location was convenient yet quiet because we were on a side street. St. Giles Cafe is right next door and they offer a nice menu of coffee drinks, scotch and desserts. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chalk08
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Chalk08,

thank you very much for your feedback, I am very happy that you had a wonderful experience when staying at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. Your comments about our staff are highly appreciated, and I cannot wait to share your words with them!

The views from our hotel are just fantastic, and it is a very central, but quiet location, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel was perfectly placed on the Royal Mile. It was beautifully decorated and had soft comfortable bedding. We had 2 rooms, the Observatory Suite and a larger suite in the basement. Both were perfect for our needs although the suite in the basement was a little dark with no view. The kitchenette was exactly right for us. We were looking for a fridge, microwave, kettle and cutlery / crockery. There was however a hob and pans should we have wanted to cook.

There were few down points and we would definitely stay again.

The bed in the observatory suite probably needs a new mattress as it slopes, but as I had it to myself I slept on the other side which was fine. There seemed to be a shortage of normal breakfast tea but it could be obtained from reception. The shower did indeed drain very slowly and having read the previous review I am glad I didn't look for a cause!!

Room Tip: We liked the observatory suite, the higher the floor the better for light and view. But the basement...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your fantastic report! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comment about one of our mattresses, we are now in the process of replacing it. Also, we have now teamed up with a brilliant local tea/coffee merchant, Brodies, so there is a wide range of teas and coffees available in the bedrooms and in the bar/restaurant as well.

As you said, the location is great and our suites are fully equipped to give guests the real home from home feeling and my team is ready to provide information and assistance should you need any.

Once again, thank you for your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Choosing accommodation in a city that you are unfamiliar with is always hard. I chose well with Fraser Suites in Giles Street, Edinburgh. This apartment hotel is reasonably priced and is brilliantly located in the "old " city right off the Royal Mile. Everything is within walking distance and the apartments are a great size with all amenities. The beds are lovely and comfy and the staff very friendly. There is a fitness centre and a laundry for travelers to use and a resturant which serves breakfast within the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floors 4 and above
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for the brilliant comments you made. I think the title of your review says everything - our location is perfect (just off the Royal Mile, by St Giles Cathedral), our rooms are very good and spacious (among the biggest in the city) and our team is friendly and helpful. These are the values we are building our service on and this is why our guests continue to enjoy the experience with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Paris
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Fraser Suite during a week end in Edinburgh. We booked a 1 bedroom deluxe suite and I was very happy about our room. There was a small bedroom and a large living room. Big windows evrywhere with a nice view. It is nicely decorated and very functional. I thought the price/quality was good.

The location is great if you are here for tourism.

negative aspects: no business center and the staff was not helpful at all. I needed to scan a document and simply couldn't get anyone to help me or even recommend me a place where I could go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marinero180
Dear marinero180,

thank you for your very positive comments regarding your stay at Fraser Suites Edinburgh.

As you have mentioned, our location is great and our rooms are very well maintained and equipped for long or short stays.We review our rates regularly to be able to offer the best value to our guests.

Thank you for the comments regarding the business centre, we have taken this one on and we are working on new wired and wireless internet service and would to add a business/internet corner service to our range of services.

I am slightly concerned about the feedback regarding staff members being unhelpful, as this is not the level of customer care we usually delive. I would be grateful if you could give me more details to ensure we can re-train the staff member in question. Please contact me on zsolt.jakri@frasershospitality.com

Once again, thank you for your review.