“Nice but a little overpriced…”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #55 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at Frasers Suites for one night whilst visiting Edinburgh last weekend.

The room itself was nicely furnished and modern, although I was disappointed with the size of the double bed (it seemed more compact than the average double you get in other hotels), The room had some amenities (tea/coffee and free WIFI) which was a bonus. Our major issue is that the walls seemed paper thin and it was particularly noisy in the morning.

I just felt overall for the price of the room (£160ish for one night) it was a little overpriced for what I paid for. This did not include breakfast and my overall assumption is that I simply paid for the location, which admittedly was excellent (5min walk to Princes Street).

A nice hotel overall but if you do some research I think it would be possible to find a similar hotel with breakfast for a better price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neel A
FSGManager, Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thanks for your recent review. I am sorry you found our property to be over priced but I you will see that for other Hotels in the same location and with less in room facilities we are actually competitively priced. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Three of us stayed here for a night between visiting the countryside and flying out of Edinburgh. We very much enjoyed our stay. The Fraser Suites is a smaller hotel with a great location and very nice rooms. We had a room with a bedroom, a very nice bath and a sitting room—the sitting room had a pull out bed for a third person which worked very well. The room, and the hotel seemed new. It was on a quieter side street just steps off the Royal Mile.

The location of the Fraser Suites is great. It is just a walk up some stairs from Waverly Train Station and a half block off the Royal Mile. Very convenient for sight seeing, the University, and the train station and the bus to the airport.

In the last 18 months I have been fortunate to make 4 trips to Edinburgh around my daughter being in college there. I have stayed at the Missoni, the Royal Scotsman, the Chambers and the Fraser Suites in this area. Of those, the Fraser Suites is one of my favorites (the Chambers being the other). And for a couple looking for a nice place to stay the Fraser Suites would work out great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank StevenSue

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. It is wonderful to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our property to be well appointed and located. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Edinburgh where I am confident that we will take over the number on spot!

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and had a fantastic room (615) with views over Edinburgh and the Xmas markets. Check in was simple and efficient. The staff were very informative for local attractions and always willing to help even after check out they kept our cases for a few hours while we wandered around for a while. The hotel is right on the royal mile and if walking from Waverley station you may be climbing a few steep hills or stairs to get there so a taxi could be in order. Breakfast generally isn't included but the bistro did look lovely. The rooms were clean and tidy and the shower was great with a nice deep bath. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We send our warmest thanks to you for taking the time to pot your feedback after your recent stay with us. We hope that we have opportunity to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Edinburgh again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The location is great. Ask for a room with vies to the city, really nice... The room is very good and the bathroom quite new. The staff really good..... But the main issue is location. Really good. No need of taxi or subway at all...... All main attrations in the city are in no more than 20 minutes walking distance.... The only negative point is the quality of breakfast.... Really bad...... But there are some coffee houses close to the hotel...., there is one beside the hotel that is an option..... But it is a nice hotel and strongly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarcosBM

Thank you for your comments. Greatly appreciate all feedback so we can make continuous improvements to our service delivery and facilities. Many Thanks.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were very satisfied with the hotel. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful everytime we interacted. The hotel was clean and smelled fresh. We were given a room with an excellent view and many windows due to its corner location, Rm 613. The bedding was very nice, the bathroom was large and modern and the thermostat worked perfectly. The windows also functioned well when we wanted some fresh air. The breakfast was terrible but did not affect my rating. Housekeeping was very inconsistent delivering varying numbers of bathtowels on different days, no face cloths at all for several days, did not provide linens for the sofa bed for the first couple of days, didn't vacuum regularly etc. This didn't really affect our enjoyment either but is the reason for less than excellent rating. Also the decor was young and modern but very cheap. Im just not a fan of black furniture(sofa, tables, pillows etc).Would definitely recommend this in general.

Room Tip: loved rm 613. It had lots of windows being a corner room. We could see the castle from one view and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbsno

Dear Guest, thank you for reviewing your stay at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in our bespoke designed apartments. I apologise for the inconsistencies reported regarding Housekeeping and breakfast, both department heads will investigate further. Wishing you a prosperous and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I had my wedding reception in the restaurant on 23 Nov. The staff couldn't do enough in preparation and on the day to help. The food was amazing, I had the haggis, neeps, tatties with chicken which was delicious! Everyone at the party added compliments to the chef!

My husband and I stayed in one of fhe suites that evening and the room was perfect! There was a balcony we could pop out onto, the tv would spin around so you could watch it in bed or on the couch. The shower and bath were amazing! We ordered room service and within a couple of minutes everything had arrived (only drinks).

I would like to say a massive thank you to Caroline and Colin from the restaurant, nothing was too much trouble for them. I would highly recommend the restaurant and the hotel to anyone! We will definitely be back!

Many Thanks,

Danielle Edrosa

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank lashface

It was our pleasure to be part of your special day! All of us at Fraser Suites Edinburgh and The Broadsheet Bistro our heartfelt congratulation to you and your spouse! Happy New Year to you both.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in FSE for two nights and absolutely loved it. And, believe me, I am a very fussy hotel guest! The reception staff were lovely, the room was beautifully appointed and the hotel itself was close to the "touristy parts" of Edinburgh without suffering from noise pollution. Our room was on the first floor - ok, there was no view, but if you want a view get out and about in the city and stop hanging around a hotel room! The finishes in our room were not at all tired or in need of a lick of paint. All in all, FSE will be my first choice on future trips to Edinburgh and I've been recommending it to all of my friends. A real gem!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinvickers71

Wow, thank you! Its so encouraging to receive such good feedback. Absolutely thrilled you enjoyed our property. Until the next time! All the best for 2014.